Super Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Fashion Prediction

I've been wearing cold shoulder and off the shoulder tops for many years. Several I bought here at QVC. My collection goes back more than 5 years. Clearly, this style is not new, But designers are treating it as such. However, I don't blame them. It caught on fast. I guess I was ahead of the times.  Now, when I wear mine I'm starting to feel like I'm seen as just another person who likes fads. I'm not going to stop wearing them, but, I must admit it sort of feels like I'm part of the flock now. Oh well! I have really good shoulders, my legs not so much. So, I guess I'll just hang in there with the "fad".  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Don't think so. A lot men are finding the cold shoulder fashion very attractive! Smiley Happy 

Not my DH. He asked me if that is the new fashion to hide the backs of ladies upper arms. He asked why call more attention to it if you are trying to 'hide" a problem. I had no answer. He also asked why put big ole pockets on the side of ladies pants (thighs!) when everyone seems to want to look thinner there. Another no answer from me. (and no purchase).

Your hubby sounds quite fashion savvy. 

Yes he is. He is an artist and jeweler and a woodworker and has excellent taste in design. He notices fashion and I love his observations....almost always right on the money. .

Your husband certainly doesn't fit the profile of an artist.  My artist family and friends are into respectful freedom of expression.  

@magicmoodz

Not only doesn't he fit the profile of any artist I've known he sounds quite strange (well that part could be eccentric artist Woman Wink) because clearly the poster doesn't wear these items so he must be referring to strangers!?

'Honey. Why are there 'big ole pockets' on the sides of that lady's pants? '

'Why is that lady drawing attention to her arms?'

I'd be a bit disturbed if my husband felt the need to negatively critique random women...

@Andreatoo

The whole story seems rather purported.  Her  husband asks her two questions and she doesn't respond (as in she has no answer)? Makes for a lively exchange over dinner.  

I am always amused when women seem to feel empowered by telling us their husbands don't like (fill in the blank).  As if we are going to run home and burn our leggings, cold-shoulder tops, etc. because so-and-so's husband isn't happy with our fashion choices.  I'm not impressed.  😊 

"SHE" (me) does NOT come here for a fight...look elsewhere. I like to read all different opinions (even ones different than mine) and don't need self appointed board monitors telling me I have to answer anybody or any post looking to fight. Like I said....look elsewhere .  I'm not impressed either and I'm done.with this so find another poster you don't agree with to bother.

Honored Contributor

@SoftRain

I feel the same way about holey jeans!

I have jeans with holes in them but now that people are purchasing them that way I won't wear them on the weekend because I don't want anyone to think I paid for damaged pants.

Probably silly but it bothers me

Honored Contributor

I think I'm too old to wear this style.  Noticed they have this style for little girls around size 10-12 and I would think for teens too.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee

I think they're fine for all ages of women; women being the operative word. But that's assuming that you actually like it.

I don't think they're necessarily appropriate for a prepubescent girl

Honored Contributor

I am muscular and have nice arms and shoulders and in the '70's I used to cut out the shoulder area of my long sleeved tees to show the shoulder and upper arm - a look I still like!  We are all free to dress in what style and not buy what we don't.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like looking trashy and trendy.

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse You look awesome!!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse, I didn't realize that was you. 

You look like a model!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Mj12 and @Bri36

A filter here, a filter there...😁