Trusted Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Fashion Prediction

I think some of the cold shoulder tops are pretty and sexy. I've been thinking about purchasing one to see what it looks like on me.  Doesn't anyone like them?

Frequent Contributor

Personally I don't care for the cold shoulder look at all.  On some of the ladies I've seen out and about with them on, it looks like someone grabbed them by the sleeve and ripped the seam and left the sleeve hanging.  If you like them, great, I just think it's not going to be around long and "all the rage" won't be heard.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, good morning! 

Nice seeing you on the weekly cold shoulder thread.

@Bri36, Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Has LOGO ever done cold-shoulder?  I honestly think posters' heads might explode.

While I love a good Logo laugh, I don't see how a cold shoulder would make good fun poking. Most jokes are made when Lori layers like jeans under a dress as homeless do when they wear all their clothes at once. Or to stay warm on the streets. What would the joke be? Any hypothetical humor?

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Don't think so. A lot men are finding the cold shoulder fashion very attractive! Smiley Happy 

Not my DH. He asked me if that is the new fashion to hide the backs of ladies upper arms. He asked why call more attention to it if you are trying to 'hide" a problem. I had no answer. He also asked why put big ole pockets on the side of ladies pants (thighs!) when everyone seems to want to look thinner there. Another no answer from me. (and no purchase).

Your hubby sounds quite fashion savvy. 

Yes he is. He is an artist and jeweler and a woodworker and has excellent taste in design. He notices fashion and I love his observations....almost always right on the money. .

Your husband certainly doesn't fit the profile of an artist.  My artist family and friends are into respectful freedom of expression.  

@magicmoodz

Not only doesn't he fit the profile of any artist I've known he sounds quite strange (well that part could be eccentric artist Woman Wink) because clearly the poster doesn't wear these items so he must be referring to strangers!?

'Honey. Why are there 'big ole pockets' on the sides of that lady's pants? '

'Why is that lady drawing attention to her arms?'

I'd be a bit disturbed if my husband felt the need to negatively critique random women...

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

Faster than you can say Nehru jacket, coming soon to thousands of garage sales, rummage sales and flea markets throughout the country. 

I don't think so.  I said this before, I thought skinny jeans were a fad LOL.  I loved my bell bottoms.  But skinny jeans are hear to stay and so are cold shoulders.  Just don't but them if you don't like them.  I am not a fan of skinny jeans but there are a lot of women who look great in them.  I do find them nice to wear in the winter with boots.

Honored Contributor

Oh the horror! Oh the pockets!!!

Me 21.jpg

I only wish I'd put on a cold shoulder this morning too Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo I don't think those pockets look badat all. I keep a lint roller in a couple rooms, too. 😉 I need to find one that won't melt in a hot car next.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, good morning! 

Nice seeing you on the weekly cold shoulder thread.

@Bri36, Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Has LOGO ever done cold-shoulder?  I honestly think posters' heads might explode.

While I love a good Logo laugh, I don't see how a cold shoulder would make good fun poking. Most jokes are made when Lori layers like jeans under a dress as homeless do when they wear all their clothes at once. Or to stay warm on the streets. What would the joke be? Any hypothetical humor?

I never find the homeless jokes funny at all.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Oh the horror! Oh the pockets!!!

Me 21.jpg

I only wish I'd put on a cold shoulder this morning too Woman Wink

When I finally get a phone that I can post pics with I'm posting one wearing a cold shoulder top and leggings.  OH, and I might wear heels, too!

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@ILUVChristmas   I agree.  I have had men approach me to tell me they were "shoulder" men and how nice I looked.   I think the cold shoulder look will be around for awhile. 

That's a little creepy, creepy to say they're "shoulder men".