Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Fashion Prediction

@bewise wrote:

That is just a fashion tread,come cold weather in cold states,it will be gone,nothing last forever.

I can imagine cold shoulder cashmere sweaters. Just a few inches of skin exposed to the arctic air...just you wait. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I have several cold shoulder tops - many from the past 10 years so it's not a new fad look and probably will be around for many more years.  There are fashions available for everyone's tastes so if anyone doesn't like a certain look they just don't have to purchase it.  Some act like that is the only style availale to them!! 

@Pook

Exactly! I have a dress in my closet from more than 20 years ago! Not only is it NOT new it won't go anywhere; perhaps into seasonal hibernation but that's about it...

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Don't think so. A lot men are finding the cold shoulder fashion very attractive! Smiley Happy 

Not my DH. He asked me if that is the new fashion to hide the backs of ladies upper arms. He asked why call more attention to it if you are trying to 'hide" a problem. I had no answer. He also asked why put big ole pockets on the side of ladies pants (thighs!) when everyone seems to want to look thinner there. Another no answer from me. (and no purchase).

Your hubby sounds quite fashion savvy. 

Honored Contributor

What's nice about cold shoulder dresses, (and tops) is that we can always wear a nice cardigan or shrug or some type of wrap over them.  Also lightweight jackets. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Don't think so. A lot men are finding the cold shoulder fashion very attractive! Smiley Happy 

Not my DH. He asked me if that is the new fashion to hide the backs of ladies upper arms. He asked why call more attention to it if you are trying to 'hide" a problem. I had no answer. He also asked why put big ole pockets on the side of ladies pants (thighs!) when everyone seems to want to look thinner there. Another no answer from me. (and no purchase).

Yes he is. He is an artist and jeweler and a woodworker and has excellent taste in design. He notices fashion and I love his observations....almost always right on the money. .

Regular Contributor

Once again I had the wrong item shipped to me even though the invoice was correct.  The item they sent was a SG cold shoulder top in the right size.  I told CS that of all the items they could have sent me it was the fashion trend I hate the most right now - a cold shoulder top!  A lot of women seem to like them but I think they don't look attractive at all.  I guess it depends on how big the cold shoulder is.

Valued Contributor

I don't own a cold shoulder, yet, but think it looks better than a high-low hem which looks like someone has a cape on.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@bewise wrote:

That is just a fashion tread,come cold weather in cold states,it will be gone,nothing last forever.

I can imagine cold shoulder cashmere sweaters. Just a few inches of skin exposed to the arctic air...just you wait. Lol

I have an Iman cold shoulder sweater and I know Barefoot Dreams has done a cold-shoulder top as well.

Not sure what is so out of the ordinary or OMG about it.  People are inside in the heat in the winter.   

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Yes he is. He is an artist and jeweler and a woodworker and has excellent taste in design. He notices fashion and I love his observations....almost always right on the money. .

Your husband certainly doesn't fit the profile of an artist.  My artist family and friends are into respectful freedom of expression.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@bewise wrote:

I'm pretty certain Amy from Clarks has worn cold shoulder sweaters before (she seems to love the look) -- I don't see anything wrong with that.