Honored Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Fashion Prediction

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

I like looking trashy and trendy.

@GenXmuse

It's like you were never here! But the standalone post is just a little bizarre now LOL

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I know! But I've got to keep that post up because it's so tacky!

yep, solidarity sistah! I may just run and get a duster now!  You crack me up!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse

I could wear an entire outfit of things that 'nobody looks good' in LOL 

I guess I need to find a pair of cargo leggings LOL

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GenXmuse

I guess I need to find a pair of cargo leggings 

LMBO!  You crack me up. Cold shoulder, big hoops, skin tight leggings and high tops, with a duster is what I'm thinking. 

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GenXmuse

I guess I need to find a pair of cargo leggings 

LMBO!  You crack me up. Cold shoulder, big hoops, skin tight leggings and high tops, with a duster is what I'm thinking. 

I just fainted.

Valued Contributor

I work with several young college girls, and yesterday I asked them about the "cold shoulder look", as we had a patron who was sporting it. All of them said it was a dying trend, very "Two years ago." One of them even said, (without prompting) that if they're selling it at Ross, TJ Maxx, and on QVC, it's really old style. I had to smile at that!

Esteemed Contributor

Andreatoo wrote:

@Trixx

Has it crossed your mind that maybe those of us that wear cold shoulders do so because we like the way it looks? That maybe we saw it on somebody else and thought it was cute? And that perhaps we don't require validation from a salesperson?

@Andreatoo, The sentence I think you are reacting to in my first post is the one about the sales pitch that every woman has nice shoulders.  Of course I realize that the overwhelming majority of those who are buying several items of cold shoulder styles LOVE the look, thought it looked good on someone else, and don't need clever sales pitches to choose what you want to wear.  So while the statement may not have applied to you, I'd venture to say that retailers and apparel manufacturers have it on their list of reasons to reasons to continue to give cold shoulder styles a hard push.  

I was not putting anyone down for being into cold shoulder.  Keep rocking your cold shoulder clothes.  One thing for sure, as long as it's hot you will be able to freshen your closet with new pieces.  I see that as a good thing regardless of what viewpoints are posted a message board.     

Honored Contributor

@Colinka

Oh no! That means I need to throw mine away! 

@QueenDanceALot @GenXmuse

Did you hear the news? College girls deem them SO 2 year's ago! ******! That means we can't wear them anymore huh?

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Colinka

Oh no! That means I need to throw mine away! 

@QueenDanceALot @GenXmuse

Did you hear the news? College girls deem them SO 2 year's ago! ******! That means we can't wear them anymore huh?

LOL

I'm filling up a garbage bag now!

Honored Contributor

@Bri36

I think we should give them credit for their persistence though. No matter how clear we make it that we don't care that they don't like our fashion choices they keep throwing husbands, college kids, the book, whatever at us!

I am sure they're trying to save us from ourselves LOL