Valued Contributor

Re: Cold Shoulder Fashion Prediction

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Colinka

Oh I see so you were concerned about your own collection of cold shoulder shirts when you asked the young ladies what they thought of them?

Meanwhile poor Ralph Lauren is contemplating bankruptcy discovering that his jeans are 'unsellable'!

Why are you taking my comments, which were not addressed to you, as a personal attack upon yourself? And why are you launching a less than polite attack on me? As I said, I am just the messenger, replying to someone else's thread. The last time I checked, expressing an opinion, or reporting what someone else said in response to a question, was still allowed on this board.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka

Launching an attack? I asked a simple question and you completely ignored it. again I'll try: you are asking the young ladies about cold shoulders because you were concerned about the cold shoulders in your wardrobe? Is this the case?

Honored Contributor

So, what are these "latest" styles that I'm not finding at TJMaxx?

They look a lot like the stuff I see in Nordstrom catalogues. 

Among other more pricey places.

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Colinka

Launching an attack? I asked a simple question and you completely ignored it. again I'll try: you are asking the young ladies about cold shoulders because you were concerned about the cold shoulders in your wardrobe? Is this the case?

To answer your question, as politely as possible, I do not have any in my closet/wardrobe. If you would read my first post on the matter, you will see that I asked my co-workers their opinion on the style because one of our patrons was wearing such a top, and I remembered it was a contentious topic on these boards. I simply reported what my young co-workers told me as to the current popularity of the style among those of their age group.

I am 66 years old, and do not feel this style would be very becoming on me. Nowhere did I attack your preference for the style or where you shop.  As I said, I shop at those places also.

Whew! Matter closed, as far as I'm concerned. Wear what you want, shop where you want,--I'm sure you'll look good in it.

Honored Contributor

IMO, skinny jeans aren't going anywhere.  Too many of us love them and they have become staples in our wardrobes.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Fox1 husbands are still men the last time I checked. I dress to impress me.  If I get compliments from both men and women, then that is great!  I see there is jealousy over women who like these tops lol. Rock on ladies who love them. We all know they have been popular for many, many years. They come and go. Must be a reason they come back Smiley Happy If you detest them don't wear them, but really no one cares lol   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

@Silver Fox1 husbands are still men the last time I checked. I dress to impress me.  If I get compliments from both men and women, then that is great!  I see there is jealousy over women who like these tops lol. Rock on ladies who love them. We all know they have been popular for many, many years. They come and go. Must be a reason they come back Smiley Happy If you detest them don't wear them, but really no one cares lol   

@ILUVChristmas   I don't think I said anything about husbands in my post , just men, be they husbands or not.  Nor did I say weather I liked the style or not. How did you ever come up with "detest them" and also "jealousy" of someone who likes them ?  I simpley said  " Do you really dress for men ?  I though all women dressed for themselves and other women of course"  How you ever came up with this out of that is beyond me  - Boy,  amazing what people can read into a short comment.  You have a nice day now. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As for the original question about a "prediction" regarding the cold shoulder look I think that almost every "look" comes around full circle. Example: who would have thought my bell bottom jeans, holy jeans, peasant tops, fringed tops etc from the 70's would come back in "style"? (good thing I saved them) It seems that everything comes back or never really goes out. Nice thing is that we have choices and if any man/woman likes something then they can go for it and not worry about the fashion sensibilities and opinions of others. Is ok to state an opinion that one doesnt like a certain look for themselves but then it gets frustrating when an opinion goes on to say "Fat women shouldnt wear bla bla or flabby armed women shouldnt wear this or that, older women shouldnt wear bla bla or anyone who wears this or that looks like a bag lady, That is when an opinion turns into judgement IMHO.

As for my opinion of "styles and fashions" I could care less what other women or men think about how I dress. I do not look at what other women wear unless is something that catches my eye. I am not a "girly girl" and often dress gender neutral"

If I want to wear holy jeans, cold shoulders, ripped T-shirts, My native attire, leggings, my biker leathers, farmer jeans, whatever I will wear them. I experienced homelessness in my life and I am reminded of being thankful for just having clothes to wear as many do not have much at all.

I dont fall for the pressure or market hype, am an admitted tomboy and dont always "freshen" up my wardrobe either. My significant other doesnt really care what I wear and doesnt have an input in what I buy which isnt much. Is funny as we had just had a discussion the other day that "there is noone more critical, catty and judgemental towards women then other women." I had said that sometimes women DO NOT empower each other and tend to tear each other down. (I find that alittle sad) Maybe is why I hung around guys in my youth as I found them much less critical. I say wear what makes YOU feel good and less about fashion trends...and DONT worry about what is in and what is supposedly OUT. (according to whoever) Well thats My humble opinion on it. I WILL NEVER "Clutch pearls I dont own over what others wear. LOL xxxxxxxxxxxxx Fashionless Stormy

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl

Well said my dear! And beautiful hair and great legs by the way! And you're right women are horrible to other women. I once pointed out in a thread that there is no female equivalent to bro code! I think it's a shame

Respected Contributor

They're just clothes...