Honored Contributor

Re: Coach to change its name to Tapesty

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

About ten years ago I became compulsive about collecting Coach Willis Bags I have at least a half dozen in various colors but never use them.

When I was in college majoring in art education,  we had to do a leather project. The handbag I designed and executed in wine leather was almost identical to what eventually became the Willis Bag, so I had a special interest in it.

@Kachina624    Did you ever suspect that a fellow student, or even an instructor, stole your prototype......and sold it?  

@Desertdi No,  I only became aware of the Willis Bag a few years ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I noticed that Coach handbags really went up in price.  How do they think they can attract a younger audience with the high prices?  That is what I question.  I love Kate Spade so I hope they don't mess that up.

It's the young professionals witht their 6 figure salaries that they want to attract.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Used to love Coach but they lost me when they started with cloth bags with “C” all over them, then they started raising prices. The last straw was when Mickey Mouse and dinosaurs started showing up on their bags. Who wants to pay $500 for a bag with Mickey on it? Also their bags are either huge or itty bitty. No happy medium. 

Coach never stopped making fine leather handbags that cost $1000 and up.  Coach always had several lines of bags at varying price points but once the fabric bags became the focus of counterfeiters, all their lines suffered.