Trusted Contributor

I know this subject has been discussed ad nauseam. But I just can't help myself.

Are we at the point now where we are supposed to think $70 for a T-shirt is normal? I understand that during the pandemic prices went up substantially, supply chain issues, businesses closed so almost no one was working, etc.

But most of these issues have been resolved. I also know that no one is twisting my arm to buy anything. Can I afford a $70 t-shirt, yes. Would I buy one,no. After selling clothes for 20 years, I'm very fabric picky. Most of today's fashion is synthetic fabrics. They should be cheaper, not more expensive.

I guess my point in all this is, since we got used to paying higher prices during and post pandemic, the prices of everything are never, ever going back to what most of us would consider reasonable or normal. JMO

Trusted Contributor

It's all relative.  Any store I shop has tops for $70+.  I think it's a matter of where one prefers shopping.  In addition, I am a plus size so I can only shop where I can find my size in styles I like.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, with the fabrics that are mostly being used today clothing doesn't last long.

Prices should be decreasing.

I hope people will just not buy.  We have the power!

Respected Contributor

@NEvans2 I agree.  I think many of the blouses at QVC are overpriced lately.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I remember when gasoline was .25 to .30 a gallon.   I paid $6.50 this week (in Arizona).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

IMO, "they" have been using the pandemic and supply chain issues as an excuse for higher prices on everything.  I agree with the OP.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi - I'm in New England and I paid half that just a couple of days ago ($3.39).  I wonder what accounts for the huge difference in prices?

Is it state taxes?  I notice people in California quoting high prices, too.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi   Yes....when I saw the price of a gallon of gas today in Phx I literally started to tear up!!  I couldn't BELIEVE HOW OUT-OF-CONTROL prices have become!!  It's like the middle class is being squeezed out of existence!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Desertdi - I'm in New England and I paid half that just a couple of days ago ($3.39).  I wonder what accounts for the huge difference in prices?

Is it state taxes?  I notice people in California quoting high prices, too.

@Venezia  We paid $3.59 the other day in NJ. Yes, I see the people in Calif. stating the high prices.

Respected Contributor

Re: Clothing prices

[ Edited ]

Qvc prices for clothing is ridiculous considering many are poly/rayon/spandex

which I won't wear. Q has lost this former 30 year customer to very few purchase a year.