Frequent Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1   I may be the only one who's never shopped second hand. I did go with my DIL when she was first married and nothing fit me without expensive alterations. I went through so many racks that I was discouraged.

Trying not to sound like a snob, but I just don't purchase new clothing that's expensive or dupicates...My closet is very paired down to the essentials. I will add a good quality piece when needed. after shopping around. I may pay more because I buy classics and keep them for many years. 

I am fortunate that I can do this and realize so many cannot. These are difficult times financially and yes, prices are through the roof across the board. I waited 6 months for the sweater I wanted to go 1/2 price and then another 20% off. I am definitely a bargain shopper.

La de dah.

Creative writing F.

Honored Contributor

@CookingLady    Jealous, I assume?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

LOL. Pretend career as a makeup artist? OMG!🙄😳🥺😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

You really don't know about the story telling of the one you defend?  Going back years.

Thread:  Face should match neck (in age)

Thread:  Tried botox last night after dinner

Both threads started by story teller to talk about herself, first one she has used botox and fillers for years, second 21 months later she is having botox for the first time.

The forum is riddled with these fabricated stories, at one time she posted a picture of the model Joan Kaminow and claimed it was her own picture.  

Years ago she portrayed herself as a jewelry designer

Thread:  Decision to make: out of retirement

she did stuff for weddings then too

Thread:  Huge special order for bridal party

She continues story telling all these years and lots of people here know about it.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot of clothes which is the best way to save money but I don't think QVC is a good value. I don't think as many people would buy clothes here if it weren't for easy pay. 

Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

You really don't know about the story telling of the one you defend?  Going back years.

Thread:  Face should match neck (in age)

Thread:  Tried botox last night after dinner

Both threads started by story teller to talk about herself, first one she has used botox and fillers for years, second 21 months later she is having botox for the first time.

The forum is riddled with these fabricated stories, at one time she posted a picture of the model Joan Kaminow and claimed it was her own picture.  

Years ago she portrayed herself as a jewelry designer

Thread:  Decision to make: out of retirement

she did stuff for weddings then too

Thread:  Huge special order for bridal party

She continues story telling all these years and lots of people here know about it.

@persiflage    I've been reading Shanus' postings since she first joined here.    Not so much the cosmetic stuff because I'm just not into that but we had numerous discussions about silver smithing, which I've dabbled in.   She knows her stuff.

I know quite a bit about her life and family and have no reason to doubt anything she says.  Her statements are her opinions and certainly may differ from yours.

We've had plenty of con artists posting here, many quite memorable, but I never heard one offer to help others with advice.  Based on my experience, I can say the more you offer to help and answer questions, the more you leave yourself open to criticism.  I just ignore it and hope she does too.

Because I've seen so many deceitful people, I'm naturally suspicious of many things said here, but I've never had any doubts about @Shanus.  I've enjoyed my infrequent conversations with her.  If you dont, just skip them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think I would purchase used clothing; but that's just me.  

Respected Contributor
I have gotten some very good deals from their Blowout sales page. Type Blowout in the search and you should be able to get there.
Honored Contributor

@persiflage  - good to have a reminder of the previous postings, thank you!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Occasional Contributor

OMG yes i have noticed the prices over the past few months Im like $69.00 for a pair of LOGO leggins get out!!!  and even Demin & Co is getting pricy.  I think 35.00 or more for a thsirt is just crazy.  I do look at the as-is section and have luck there have been able to find NYDJ at Macy or Nordstroms Rack for like 25.00 bucks  that a bargin and even some clothing on HSN pricey as well   have been able to get a few things pon Zulily but there retun policy leaves much to be disired so I will still watch and shak my head on the prices