Trusted Contributor

Re: Clothing prices are so high anymore!!!

I seriously doubt if the prices would ever come back down once they are raised.  If you notice that once groceries go up they never come back down, so I say the same way with clothes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think QVC is losing their demographic like so many other department-type stores. Boomers are now mostly retired...don’t need as many dressy clothes, and don’t have the means or maybe just the desire to spend a lot on clothes...much more casual lifestyle. We don’t need very many $70 tops or even $40 capris for the summer. Offer some more,options...but they are losing a lot of loyal customers who made the QVC name famous. The shipping and return charges have pushed more away than they know.

Honored Contributor

Many of the stores have been closing for years...due to online competitors. I read today that Subway has closed 1200 of its stores within the past few months, never liked that place anyway...but can’t blame it on the internet! Steak and Shake is also suffering and trying to regroup.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prices have been increasing at the Q for awhile, and a lot of people have been complaining about them before the tariff issue was an issue. I have plenty of clothes to wear, but if I need a top or pair of slacks, I know I can find what I need at a reasonable price at a number of places. I really don't like to buy so many products from China so I'm absolutely fine with what is happening - and I don't think it will last that long. I agree that a large number of Q customers are retired, or close to being retired. We (retired) have a more casual life style. Many of us have $$ to spend, but we're careful with our money. Spending $60 or $70 on a casual shirt or top is not a priority to many of us.

Honored Contributor

Maybe we should learn to live with less.  I figure I only have one body and I don’t change clothes several times a day so I don’t mind spending more to get exactly what I want, instead of a bunch of stuff I’ll forget about in a month or two.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

As someone mentioned, I, too, have enough clothes to last me for the rest of my life (and the one who will inherit them too lol), but I do like something new now and then. I have found some good bargains at Macy's and Penney's online.  They sometimes offer sale prices you don't get in the stores. I usually get free shipping to the store. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree!  I had not visited my local TJ Maxx as I was happy purchasing clothing at QVC until recently.  Most clothing is now $35 or higher for one piece on QVC! Not able to afford this!  Tonight I stopped by TJ Maxx and found 5 items for $90 and no shipping!  Told my husband I am sad as I cannot afford clothing from QVC and will be visiting TJ Maxx more often.