Honored Contributor

Re: Clothing prices are so high anymore!!!

And when I complained about a pair of Logo slacks for $83.00 and change I got beaten up on the playground.

Honored Contributor

NO you weren't beaten up. People didn't agree, but ,no one attacked you for it @Group 5 minus 1 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another place to shop for bargains on clothes is Ebay.  I bought a few things on Ebay that were brand new and even one slightly worn for a fraction of the price QVC charges.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Months ago when the subject of tariffs came up, I had mentioned that people will be dropping their jaws at the high prices when the tariffs came into effect. I was criticized by several posters. They said it would never get that bad and not to be so concerned with it. Now I wonder how bad it's going to get...and I am very concerned, still.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153  I just got a  brand new pr of Pikolinos reg. $175  for  $35 plus shipping, from ebay. I have gotten new purses(expensive brands) for a fraction of the original cost

Respected Contributor

Real leather and even the newer faux is on the rise too. As others have mentioned, we should soon see products from other places. And yes, I also have had some success building my wardrobe from E-Bay. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra I don’t think it is greed as the prices of everything keeps rising.I think the quality goes down trying to keep items affordable...that doesn’t make it at all good though.

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 

I've purchased great cotton tops (around $15. each), jeans ($13./pair) and Carole Hochman pajamas (less than $20/pair) from Costco dot com (or in the store). All great quality. 

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Kachina624, I give you so much credit for trying to inform people here of the impact of tariffs.  I tried, and I gave up.  You have been like a voice crying in the wilderness.  It’s going to be a shock to so many.  From now on, I am shopping in my closet.  Not going to spend anything that I absolutely don’t need.

But there are many people who will be hurt more than we know.  Families living from paycheck to paycheck, and those with children to feed, as well as seniors struggling to get by.

@PamfromCT.  I've come to the conclusion that many people are just clueless as to how these tariffs will affect their lives.  I think if I had kids in school, I'd do my back-to-school shopping now and hope the little darlings don't grow too much this summer.

The thought that nags at my mind is, once we accept higher prices and the tariffs are removed, will merchants just keep the high prices forever?  We know how often we see prices drastically drop....like never!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

In case anyone hasn't notice, there is a tariff war going on.  Going to get worse.  90% of clothes are made over seas, specifically China.  

Made n America goods (NOT clothes) will go down in price, but not too low.  Unions rule here. 

@songbird.  You might want to read the whole thread.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment