Trusted Contributor

Clothing prices are so high anymore!!!

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else noticed that the prices on our favorite designers such as Susan Graver, Lori Goldstein are continually going up.  Just last night Susan Graver had on her show a tank with matching jacket and it was a once only I believe for around $65; after that it went back up to $85.  I mean we can hardly buy anything that looks nice for les than $50 minimum and that is being conservative. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clothing prices are so high anymore!!!

@crawford5153 :  There are still many clothes that are fairly priced (check online or in B&M stores-- these choices don't usually include a charge for shipping).

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153.  You haven't seen anything yet.  Wait until the 25% increase in tariffs on Chinese-made goods kick in.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

When that happens I will just quit buying clothes as I have enough now to last a lifetime and leave the buying to the ones with money to burn literally lol.

Honored Contributor

QVC prices have been going up for years. At one time, just about every clothing  line they carried was reasonable for just about everyone. Now everything, including non clothing items can be had for a better price someplace else.

I am either lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it, that most of their clothing does not fit me well, plus the majority of it is plastic polyester which I avoid. I very seldom shop for clothing on QVC. Their items don't make me happy.

There are so many other places out there to buy clothing that is reasonable.  I wait for sales or specials and only buy what I need.  I do not make purchases on a whim.

I also think it works better for me to buy quality pieces that will last a long time.  That way, I wear everything I have and don't have to donate too often or have items that were bad purchases.  I consider my wardrobe an investment in myself. 

Trusted Contributor

@crawford5153  I could live with it a little more if designers kept up the quality along with the price. I’ve even noticed a decrease in quality in the Linea by Lois Del Olio line. I believe it’s greed. I don’t think I will be making many new clothing purchases in the future. Here’s to shopping my closet.😀

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It always makes me laugh when a host tries to tell me that I'm saving money because the overhead isn't there?! How naive do they think we are?! Their production is extravagant and their hosts, I can guess, are making a lot more money then the sales rep at the mall!

New Contributor

I love when some of the designers show up and tell is more about the fabric. Iissac hit the nail on the head when he found that special weaved cotton. A lot more than I want to pay for teesthiugh I purchased one. Very soft haven't worn anywhere yet and I'll need to add to the washers. I quit trying my clothes in dryers and they last longer and no iron ever needed on the space age. X
materials. Maybe they can buy in quantity and pass on the savings? The prices seemed to be getting higher and no one's paychecks are rising .what gives people the idea that older people have money?
Honored Contributor

You can still do well , but you must be a canny shopper, and seek out bargains. They are there, but you have to hunt for them

Honored Contributor

I know.  I look at the price of jeans for instance, and I just go --- WHAT?????  For the most part, I can't afford these prices.  I do feel as some others have posted that in order to get better deals it requires time and effort -- going to b&M stores and checking out what they have to offer.  I often find really great clothing that is on clearance and then with coupons --- more my price range.  I also have a ton of clothing and don't need anything.  But once in a while you do want a little something new to brighten your look!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin