Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of pet peeves about clothes.

1. Clothes where the fabric is off grain so the seams are twisted, especially in jeans. Once washed, the twisted seams get worse.

2. Scratchy metal zippers, especially in jackets. I have been known to use embroidery scissors and a seam ripper to remove them by cutting the zipper twill tape next to the seam where it's sewn.

3. Scratchy labels, especially those at the neckline. I remove those from tops and some jackets because they irritate my skin and bug me.

So what are your clothing pet peeves? Add on if you have some you want to share!

Frequent Contributor

I hear ya, TY1!

Your number 1 and 3 are my peeves too. But I have other complaints:  stripes that don't match and really cheap, flimsy fabrics!

Valued Contributor

Ecspecially scratcy labels. And they seem to be very large labels. 

Honored Contributor
High $$$! Inferior quality.
Honored Contributor

When they say "navy blue"............I expect the color worn by the U.S. Navy..........not royal, not French, not denim, not sapphire, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Colors than run....like some reds. When you take them off and your underwear is now pink....

Honored Contributor

I think they make a lot of long sleeves very tight.  They need to loosen them up a bit!  I do not have big arms but sometimes the sleeves are so snug that I can't wear them.

Regarding tops, some of the necklines are just too low.  They do not look like tops that should be worn with something underneath, but once you put them on, they are so low that you have to.  

Many slacks have back pockets that add additional bulk.  Who needs that?  

And the length of trousers ---I guess they are making them for people who wear very high heels.  Not me!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Cheap zippers that are hard to use. I have had to put wax on some to make them work.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

See through materials that have to have something underneath.  I am not a big fan of layering in the summer.  Plus I don't want to buy two things for one look.  Low necklines are not comfortable for me.

Trusted Contributor

Inconsistent sizing.  It drives me nuts!