Occasional Contributor

Why are the clothing prices so high on QVC?  I would think they would not be so high as the "middle men" are cut out.  I can find comparable items, and higher end items, for alot less, especially at Marshalls. 

Trusted Contributor

Could not agree with you more.  I have also found many comparable clothing items at Marshalls or Boscovs at much lower prices.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think you can compare Marshall's and QVC.   

It's hit or miss at stores like Marshall's.  QVC sells a full range of sizes for each item.

QVC may have cut out the middle man, but Marshall's doesn't support three television stations, and I would guess that on-air personnel are paid quite a bit more than a sales person at Marshall's.

Esteemed Contributor

Forget about the prices - what about the styles Q offers?  Q has nothing to offer me anymore - cold shoulders - short leg pants LOGO and big splash prints.       .  Today I went on a buying binge cuz I need new clothes for summer - went back to one of my old trusted (4 quality) websites and bought 6 things for $300 + free shipping.  Fun & refreshing to find things that are MY style and taste.  (average prices were $49 and one a little more)  NO shipping/handling and returns are free also.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt.  You don't say what you bought today, but if it was tee shirts, at $50/ea, I don't think you got much of a bargain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Love to know why car prices are high, housing is high, medical visits are high, cost of drugs are so high, food prices are so high, gas prices are so high, etc, etc, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clothing Prices

[ Edited ]

I don't think prices of cars are high compared to years ago. If u shop at Walmart or Costco - prices are very reasonable for clothes, drugs, food, paper products, etc. etc. I also shop on-line at both of these stores.

Honored Contributor

Considering this is a shopping network, the prices should be somewhat lower.  Logo is asking $80 & up for some of her items which is outrageous.  When I buy clothes from QVC, I am looking for a bargain or I won't buy.  They better wise up or they will be left in the dust.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

For Ms. Kachina624 - here's what I bought - I don't wear T-shirts - I look for button front blouses - long sleeve that can be rolled up and - - a breast pocket - and nice firm collar

I bought A Madras patchwork blouse - lots of beautiful colors = $44.95

A chameis shirt - $49.95 in blue

A blue pinstripe (darker blue) with tiny white anchor all over it - wrinkle free (dressy blouse) $49.95

In color SeaRose - wrinkle free Oxford shirt

One pull over for cool nights long sleeve w/collar  (no pocket on this one - sporty style)

Think I'm missing one...........most items were $49.95

Oh.....jacket coat $59 with different color trim at end of sleeve when turned back.

Delivery Monday - 2 items will be shipped week later - out of stock------blouses are all wrinkle free

I hope this answers your inquiry

I don't wear potato sack............... tunics

I don't wear clothing that talks = "Be happy"    (written on them)

Yes, all of these had been reduced in price and many I liked were out of my size - but still I found lots of things of interest as you can see.  NYS tax was $12 and change   No shipping charge.

Happy Shopping!

Contributor

I also agree that prices have gone way up on QVC. Even $39 for a plain top is a bit much and a lot of the quality is definitely not the same...by the time you add shipping and taxes it is not that beneficial to buy certain clothing brands anymore. I know there are a lot of people that can afford some of these higher prices for jeans and tops but being on a limited income I find that I can not afford to purchase as much as I used to. I have cut back a lot on what I purchase and would appreciate it if QVC would kindly reconsider its pricing...