Valued Contributor

Re: Clothing Prices increased ......

I was always buying clothing from QVC but not so much these days. I am seeing as stated the prices increase, but also find sizing an issue and styles not suited to me. I was searching for a Carole Hochman gown and saw NOTHING available! My feet were always "happy" in Birkenstock shoes...GONE! I have been buying from JJill and love their styles and prices when on sale and quality. I can wander around Macys and see thousands of options in one hour...QVC shows maybe six items in an hour and most are not something I would consider buying.

New Contributor

I buy 85% of my clothes on eBay. I pay pennies on the dollar for first quality merchandise.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 kittymomNC said:

The prices on HSN that a poster was referring to were for items that have been put on sale or clearance. They do the same that QVC does if the price drops within 30 days of your order date... they give you an adjustment.

This has NOT been my experience at QVC. One time I called two weeks after I ordered an item on QVC and asked for an adjustment because the price was lower for a special show. I was told NO, that is not our policy.

Edited because I remember telling them "But I haven't even received the item yet"! I just thought that was a very bad customer service policy, but maybe that has since changed. I'm glad that you are satisfied, though. We all have our own unique experiences, good and bad.

Valued Contributor

I stopped buying clothes from here some time ago. The prices have steadily risen to the point I can do much better going to stores and buying with my coupons and getting things on sale. Even the so called clearance prices here are not that good. I hit it big at one of our stores with a 50% coupon off the already marked down prices and felt I just about stole the items. It was winter clothes and they wanted them GONE. The ""Q"" needs to mark clothes down much more when they want to move them.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the thoughtful , interesting views/ comments . I'll check back here every day . Enjoy the weekend !
Not applicable

I understand how prices can rise over time,everything else does.I agree QVC is making crazy money with the shipping and handling fees.I purchased a pair of pants that cost $29.00 and the shipping was $3.00,that was great until I had to send them back because like others have mentioned the sizes are not consistent.It cost me $6.00 to send them back and since you do not get your original shipping fees back It cost me $9.00 to try on a pair of pants!!I will not order clothing from QVC it costs to much to ship back

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Shoes too. I just bought a pair of Ryka's that I forgot I bought in late fall .I always keep the receipt inside the box in case I want to buy another of the same. Which I did by accident this time.The price was $10 more .

They should even be cheaper and on sale now because they are suede for winter.

Valued Contributor

I do not mind these QVC increases, because I think that the quality is good compared to the same type items at the mall.

The cost of fabric, assembly, and shipping rises daily.....I am hopeful that QVC vendors pay their workers in China a livable wage for their work and insure they have decent living conditions.....Imagine the prices if all the garments were made in the United States?