Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clothing Lines At QVC - Days Gone By

Motto curvy fit jeans. These fit me very well in a size 14.

Respected Contributor

Diane von Furstenburg said of her Silk Assets line from the Q "In 1992, the designer embarked on a comeback. She started Silk Assets, one of the first clothing lines for QVC. "It was tacky, but it gave me confidence," she says."

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20050401/26-furstenberg.html

What will the rest have to say about the lines they currently sell on the Q for  very high priced mass marketed clothing lines? Makes you wonder.

Honored Contributor

I still have 2 Jessica Hollbrook skirts.  I know they aren't in style now, but remember embellished sweaters from the early 1990's? Oh my, QVC had wonderful embellished sweaters.  I also had a sweater from Rue McClanahan.

QVC had mostly American made clothes in the beginning.  That was before the flight overseas

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I also used to buy Shell Kepler clothes on HSN -- I was astounded when she passed away at a fairly young age. I don't even like those clothes now, but I thought they were pretty with all the beads/embellishments back then.  I thought the clothes were veyr unusual and feminine.

I can can recall my sister and I pondering who in the world bought Shell Kepler clothing.  Never saw anyone wearing anything like that.  Now I know.....

@Kachina624     

Figures.  

And I see you are still having a problem with the quote function on this board.  That's a shame.

Honored Contributor

OMG - Koos of  Course!  How could I forget that line?   I really liked those clothes but didn't buy many.  I did appreciate how different they were though, esp. for QVC.  The vendor, Koos, was grouchy!

Silk Assets - I remember those shows well.  I have some --somewhere in my house.

Loved Fashion Formulas back then but when I see the few I still own, I think "how could I?"   Thanks for the reminder...I need to donate those. Smiley Happy

Yes,  Sport Savvy,  Wasn't that the successor to Fashion Formulas?  I still do like SS and really wish they would bring that one back.

(OT - I started this thread and then went out for the entire evneing.  I came back and saw it and had completely forgotten that I'd started it!  I guess my evening out was pretty engrossing! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Did the Dialogue line morph into something else?  I mean didn't it have a successor?  Motto maybe?

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Motto was the more trendy version of Dialogue.  That line had some cute things too....I still have a jacket that is right on trend today....

I also miss the OLD Citi knits...some of them were great for travel....might be a bit dated today, but really comfy!!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I loved Indigo Moon, but I never bought because I was too heavy to wear it.

Wish something similar was still around.

@violann

You might like some of the items on the Coldwater Creek site.

Patchwork Velvet Trim Jacket, Multi, large

Floral Embroidered Shantung Topper, Multi, large

Classic Romance Jacket, Black, large

Floral Fancy Embroidered Jacket, Black, large

Honored Contributor

I DO like them Lola. I thought Coldwater Creek was gone, too!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I DO like them Lola. I thought Coldwater Creek was gone, too!

@violann

The stores are done, but the online site (and catalog) are up and running.  I'll find some other things you might like too and share them.