Honored Contributor

Clothes fit Mackie's Models!

I haven't watched a Mackie show in a long time.  First thing that I noticed was how well the clothes fit the models.

(I ordered the goldenrod tank/kimono set A276149)

Trusted Contributor

Re: Clothes fit Mackie's Models!

The model Stacey did not have a jacket on and the arm holes looked great, not to large.  Dark hair Maria had on a jacket but she did pull the jacket out slightly and her arm holes looked like they were a good fit.   I have never been disappointed by my Macke purchases so I might just give this set a try.  I like the princess seams on the top.  It has a good shape and not boxy.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA@Gram W

I have been pleased with Bob Mackie purchases, too!

Our tv signal went out during so I have some catching up to do!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We also lost our tv signal during a storm while Bob Mackie was on, so I missed several things. But today he had some very classy, casual things on and I was able to order a couple of items.  Very pleased. And I love to watch Bob even when I don't purchase. He is a true class act - a gentleman in every sense of the word. What a pleasure to see that once in a while.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Bob Mackie maxi dresses I bought in years gone by. They are well made, the styles are classic and never go out of fashion. He's a pleasure to watch. I enjoy his shows very much.

Esteemed Contributor

He is one of my favorite vendors!!   I own many of his items, but have not purchased recently.  Even when I don't buy his clothing, I enjoy his shows.  Love to hear his stories and his thought on "fashion".

His anniversary is coming up in May and I heard that Q2 will be having a Mackie "deal/Tsv".  If I heard correctly...why

would his big 20 year anniversary not be celebrated on the regular Q channel with a big TSV???  Certainly more people get QVC channel than Q2!!!  Hope I heard incorrectly....

Honored Contributor

I was in love with that set Stacy modeled.It was such a great price for two pieces and seemed to be great fitting like you stated.I have sent back so many clothes that don't fit so I am afraid to take a chance.I will be watching for the reviews.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA@dex@corita@SilleeMee@Perkup

I purchased two wide-leg palazzo pants last summer. (Black/navy) 

Each time we go anywhere requiring a suitcase, these are the pants I throw in! They never look wrinkled and these are very lightweight.

We needed to attend a wedding last summer in another state... they came with us!

Love that they are church-worthy and out-to-dinner worthy.

I packed linen pants, too. They never made it out of the hanging bag!

We need lightweight as DH cannot carry heavy suitcases like he used to.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

The things Kate wore look like they we designed for her. She is really a classic model in the Suzy Parker, etc. mold.

Trusted Contributor

FYI.     Just got my May Insider magazine today.   Mr. Macke has 2 pages, 6 items, in it.  I will be ordering as soon as we are allowed.