Honored Contributor

Re: Clinton Kelly and what he used to say......

@SilleeMee wrote:

He has degrees in communications and journalism according to wiki. I wonder how he got to be an expert in fashion or anything else for that matter...??

Also according to wiki, Clinton was an editor and I believe writer for many women's fashion mags. He was the editor at Marie Clair and deputy editor at Mademoiselle then he became the executive editor at some men's fashion and retail trade magazine.  He also wrote a weekly style column for The Chicago Tribune.

Honored Contributor

@Pargy wrote:

On his show What Not To Wear, Clinton used to say.......don't ever buy 100% polyester. At least, get a poly mixed with a natural fiber. Now I notice most of his offerings are 100% polyester. I kind of feel he is a sellout to us. 

@Pargy

I can only assume this is important to you because you have taken every word out of his mouth as fact & lived by them in the past? 

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I guess I am a lone wolf here but I think polyester gets a bad rap.  It has definitely been improved over the the years.  I have several pairs of dress slacks from Dillard's brand that are poly/rayon/spandex and they wear beautifully, wash beautifully, and they don't wrinkle.  I like poly/cotton tops for tee shirts as well.  I don't find it to be a hot or uncomfortable fabric to wear.  Not all polyester is created equal.  I haven't purchased anything from his clothing line and likely never will so I can't speak to the quality of his fabrics. 

You are not alone. The poly fabric of yesteryear was bad. Today's blends can be very nice. I seldom buy 100% cotton. Wool is itchy. Silk is too delicate

If you are discerning in your choices of clothing, you can find very nice things that have a poly blend.

Honored Contributor

I always liked WNTW with Clinton & Stacey. Regardless of guest, IMO every woman looked better at the end. Most of the clients were put in more classic shapes which did get repetitive, but it also proves that those shapes look good on most women. I agree that some of the comments at the beginning and the mirror critiques were rough. (I have read worse things here on these boards.)

As far as not wearing poly I remember both of them saying that often. I am sure Clinton realized that his clothing at the Q would not be all silks, linen, cotton, etc. It just isn't feasible cost wise or in terms of easy care & wear. These things are important to the Q and many shoppers. 

Occasional Contributor

Ummmm. ??? I can only assume you are a mean girl.

Super Contributor

Clinton had a lot of people fooled.

On WNTW he gave great advice.  Now he will do and say anything to make a buck.

What a shame so many people turn out to be fakes and phonies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clinton Kelly- chose cheap fabric. Yes polyester has come along way from years ago. However, Not in my selection. No worries returned item immediately. Full refund Qvc sent wrong color. Plan never purchasing his line. Buyers are the to blame also, They order thousands 10.00 marking up to 59.00 Clinton Kelly, Can take his cheap polyester dress the world, Mental picture scary. Fasten your seat belt! Close your eyes.Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

I got this ponte jacket  with faux leather sleeves and it is super cute and comfortable.  I got a lot of compliments on it.  I haven't actually ordered anything else from him, so I guess I'm 100% satisfied LOL!  Jacket.PNG