Respected Contributor

“Click Here” Garment Measurements

I wish QVC would make a tutorial with one of the hosts demonstrating on a model how to and definition of terms used in the 'click here ' measurments. Or just a chart defining what the abbreviated terms mean. It seems it could save both sides time and elimnate some returns. 

Last night I was going to order a top that had a ruffle on the sleeve but checked the center of neck to sleeve end and realized my hands would be covered and the ruffle was the attraction to me of the top. I have trouble remembering what all  of the terms mean  . Woman Embarassed

Is there anythng like this on site that I have missed?

Honored Contributor

Re: “Click Here” Garment Measurements

@okaywitheasypay  there is no legend here that explains the measurement abbreviations.  As many times as I've googled them, I should have written them down and made a post about their meanings. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

A chart and diagram explaining the abbreviations would be nice. 

I look mainly at chest, waist, and hip measurements when I am deciding on a size. Those abbreviations are pretty obvious to me. The others not so much. 

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

I found a site, but there are ads, so I'll post them separately and you can tell me if it's helpful.

How to measure a shirt-

Note: Measurements provided are of the product when laid flat, not body measurements.

1. Chest is measured along line A.
  2. Shoulder is measured along line B, from shoulder tip to shoulder tip.
  3. Sleeve Length is measured from point C to D to E. (Point C is the centre seam on the inside of the shirt neck).
  4. Back Length is measured along line F, on the back of the shirt from the seam at the base of the collar to the bottom hem of the shirt.
Honored Contributor

How to measure a jacket-

Note: Measurements provided are of the product when laid flat, not body measurements.

1. Chest is measured along line A.
  2. Shoulder is measured along line B, from shoulder tip to shoulder tip.
  3. Sleeve Length is measured from point C to D to E. (Point C is the centre seam on the inside of the jacket neck).
  4. Back Length is measured along line F, one the back of the jacket. (From the seam at the base of the collar to the bottom hem of the jacket).
Honored Contributor

How to measure trousers-

1. Waist is measured along line A.
  2. Rise is measured along line B. Arrange the product and flatten so the measurement can be taken from where line B meets with the inner pant leg seams.
  3. Belt Loop is the width of a belt that could fit through the blet loops.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @okaywitheasypay, I am not sure if the images that @lolakimono posted work with QVC, because a lot of length measurements are HPS, which is High Point Shoulder, and the picture measures length from the back of the neck.  I don't know how much that difference would make, but it might to someone.  Like the other poster, I focus in just a couple measurements in buying and stay away from longsleeves!

But in googling HPS before posting (wanted to make sure I am posting correct info), I found these 2 websites that show how qvc may measure.  The first one is called "how to measure guidelines - Nordstrom", in case the link doesn't come through.  It is most useful because the second one is an overload of measurements. The second is ""how to measure" guide for apparel vendors 2009 - QVC UK, which makes me think qvc provide the info you want for us.

http://about.nordstrom.com/nordstromsupplier/Addendum_3_How_to_measure_guidelines.pdf

https://www.qvcuk.com/UK/images/vr_pdfs/QVC_Measure_Guide_2010.pdf

Respected Contributor

I want to thank all for your help.

@NYCLatinaMeI believe the second link is sort of what I was looking for. I may print a few of these pages for future reference. As many stated the hip ,waist , and bust are the most important. With me I have to have enough room in the bust but make sure the sleeve length is not overwhelming, especially with the varied ruffle stylings of sleeves lately. Threading a needle in my old age is a long process.

QVC has many videos on their web site it seems as though the one I am describing would be helpful .  Just using any size model and showing how her measurements would come to the conclusion of what size was picked. Models are asked repeatedly "how tall are you and what size are you wearing ?" Which sort of helps....but explaining things in a reference video would also IMO.