Regular Contributor

I bought quite a few clothing items on clearance  in the past few weeks. All have gone up in price among others! WTH??  Anyone else notice this?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Clearance prices gone up?

So you got the lower price, right? 

Super Contributor

Almost everything in my wish list went up in price and many items not on clearance.  What’s up with that?!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,  many times items that are on clearance go back up in price.  I have a few in my wish list right now that have.  I just keep monitoring the prices until the thing I want drops to a price I'm willing to pay.

This has been discussed in the past - the crazy pricing system that QVC has.  I don't know anywhere else (online or B&M) where, once something is put on clearance, it goes back up to a higher price.  

(And sometimes after you've bought an item on clearance and received it, you might decide you want another in a different color or pattern.  But not if it's gone up in price!  That's the issue.)

Contributor

Yep, had stuff on my wish list on clearance that the price went up $2-3 each. What kind of business sense is that? As soon as I see the price go up on clearance items, I delete them as none are a necessity.  Nothing is that great anyway. And now I’ve saved $40!

Super Contributor

Clearance prices should not go up.

Regular Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Yes. What's your point?  Its not all about me.

@Equuleus wrote:

Regular Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

Clearance prices should not go up.

THANK YOUI! Point made!

Honored Contributor

I can understand a "sale" price going up or an event price but not a clearance price.  Those prices should just keep going down. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, clearance prices have gone up in the past few days. Items in my Wish List that are clearance ALL went up a minimum of $5. 

I'll tell you who else does this, HSN. 

You have to keep on top of it in order to know when you're getting the best deal.