Honored Contributor

Re: Clearance items now marked “not eligible for returns”

@Tuffcookie 

The items marked "not eligible for return" are in the clearance section and marked down way more than usual (for QVC).

I have ordered several knits by AnyBody based on my experience with the sizing.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's new.  It's in line with the return policies of most retailers.  Clearance items that have been discounted are not eligible for return.  QVC wants to get rid of that stuff, they don't want it coming back to them.   

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I believe there is a LAW governing return/refunds for mail order and intenet purchases.    Unless it has recently changed, you have 14 days to notify the seller, and another 14 days to return the purchase for refund.

LOL  I'm pretty sure that law does not exist.  If that were the case, there would nto be an online sales.  No online retailer could survive restraints like that.  

Respected Contributor

What if you get an obvious "return" in your non-returnable purchase? I can't believe Q would expect you to keep something that someone else obviously already returned. 

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

What if you get an obvious "return" in your non-returnable purchase? I can't believe Q would expect you to keep something that someone else obviously already returned. 

@silkyk 

if qvc makes a shipping mistake or if there is damage/problem with your non returnable item, there is a number to call to get a return authorization if it is eligible.

items that people return are shipped out to other customers all the time.....it doesnt mean there is anything necessarily wrong with it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Just like department stores, we may be purchasing returned but like new items.  

Here's the notification on the paperwork with my recent order:

QVC's Return Policy does not apply to this item.  QVC will only accept defective or QVC error returns.  Call Customer Service at 888 345 5788 for such returns.  The Returns/Exchange information included does not apply to this item.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mnd at all if they lowered the prices on clearance items and marked it all "not eligible for returns."

I'm willing to take a chance .... and donate it if it doesn't work out.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
@Desertdi

Can you cite source? All I find is policy must be stated.

@ALRATIBA   I GOOGLED it.....and there were several articles listed.   I'm not a lawyer, so I don't have access to any books of statutes, tho.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Just like department stores, we may be purchasing returned but like new items.  

Here's the notification on the paperwork with my recent order:

QVC's Return Policy does not apply to this item.  QVC will only accept defective or QVC error returns.  Call Customer Service at 888 345 5788 for such returns.  The Returns/Exchange information included does not apply to this item.

In italics, the policy is stated.

Defective items and errors due to QVC they cover.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~