Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning out my husband's closet and drawers

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Cleaning out a closet?    What has this got to do with women's fashion?   

@Tinkrbl44

It doesn't have anything to do with women's fashion, but it's fashion none-the-less. My husband doesn't like shopping for clothes very much so I do a lot of it for him now. But the clothes we got rid of we joked about them as he said that I must have bought him those ugly sweaters and I told him no way would I have bought those clothes for him!

It's really just a light hearted look at my other half's style!

Honored Contributor

@TY cleaning out a closet full of clothes is about fashion...just not current fashion.I think it is really nice of you to try and keep your DH looking good.

Honored Contributor

OMG! My DH and I just discussed this subject a week ago.  His (few) dresser drawers are so cramed with old socks and underwear etc you can not shut them. I cleaned out his closet once when he was on a trip out of town....I found old( I mean 20 year old) clothes etc.  he rarely buys new...and wears the things  he likes...the rest  stay in closet or drawer FOREVER.  He hates to clean things out..... is It  a "man" thing?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Cleaning out a closet?    What has this got to do with women's fashion?   

@Tinkrbl44  The Forum is Fashion....does not say Women's Fashion.  It is all Fashion....and Fashion and closets go together. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I guess it is a man thing because my husband won't get rid of ANYTHING.  I swear he'd be a hoarder if I didn't keep him somewhat in check. This extends to papers, flyers, etc... DRIVES ME CRAZY because I am ruthless about throwing things out that are no longer used and I HATE clutter!  I have gone through his things and filled trash bags full and he has never missed them.  It's hard to get to it though, because he's almost always home when I am (works nights).

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I don't touch my husbands clothing and he doesn't touch mine. We have separate closets.

Exactly. We also have separate closets. He keeps his hands off my stuff and I do the same with his. Now if he asked me, I'd help him though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

My DH buys his own clothing and cleans out his own closet. Now if I could just get him to clean out the closet filled to over flowing with krap in his den.....