New Contributor

After going through my closet today, I noticed that I am needing to spruce up my T-Shirt basics. Years ago, I would purchase Denim and Company (which brought me to the forum in my search.) I'm a little weary to purchase any just yet as it's been awhile and I would like advice.

I enjoy my cotton shirts with a little spandex to hold it's shape and I like good quality (as I wear these often.) Which brands are your favorite for this type of T-Shirt?

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Lands End or Isaac Mizrahi pima/supima cotton tee shirts.

Honored Contributor

LL Bean pima cotton!  ONLY these for me. 

Honored Contributor

I like Martha Stewart's T shirt. It has some span in it, which I like, because, it holds it's shape

Respected Contributor

My new favorite Tee is Eileen Fisher. Its 100% cotton slub with elbow sleeve. The tail is slightly rounded and long but not too long. They are roomy but not tent-like.  Do not confuse with the EF linen tees. They are pricey at $68.00. 

Respected Contributor

Land's End! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I prefer Talbots tees.  They have crew or v neck.  They are 100 percent cotton .

Esteemed Contributor

@MourningDoves 

I would recommend Lands End or LL Bean.  These are all cotton and hold their shape just fine without spandex.   You might give them a try and find that you don't really need the spandex.  Personally, I don't like spandex in my tee shirts. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

GILI short sleeve crew neck tee - nice, beefy material, holds shape very well.

My most recent tee shirt find - don't laugh - Amazon Essentials.  They sell tees in packs of 2, and there are gazillion color combinations.  Comes out to $8 and change per tee shirt.  

Amazon Essentials Women's 2-Pack Classic-Fit Short-Sleeve Crewneck T-Shirt

56% Cotton, 38% Modal, 6% Spandex

Honored Contributor

Re: Classic shirts

[ Edited ]

My favorites are Isaac's pima cotton tees with the smile, or rounded, shirttail hem.  I find those the most flattering and the fabric is wonderful.  Any sleeve length. 

They are easy care, machine wash, hang to dry.  I haven't noticed any color fading and some of mine are several years old.

Typically I like Spandex in a tee, but these don't seem to need it and are very easy on/off and they keep their shape.

Image result for isaac pima tees

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.