Valued Contributor

I am now an older lady living at home with animals, no longer in corporate work place.  I find it very difficult finding basic clothes on QVC.  There are some but it takes forever to find them among all of the designer brands and the silky knits, fuzzy slub whatever.  Even Denim & co is trying to be designer.  Just give me some really nice tee shirts in great natural fabrics with more emphasis on new colors and patterns.  I cannot even find a basic black cotton maxi dress without ties or flutter sleeves.  A great robe or longer night shirt would be great also.  And please, no designers!  Just a category of classics or basics so I do not have to search thousands of stuff to find one non tunic length non hi low hem rayon blend tee shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Classic and basic fashion

@Gabidog   Try LL Bean or Lands End.   They have great chocies and also offer free shipping over a certain amount.  

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog    I agree with you.  I just need the basics.....and no high low or tunic length tops.    Have you ever shopped Macy's on line?  I like Charter Club, Karen Scott, and Style and Co....   They are affordable and nice quality.  I was having trouble finding petites at other retailers...but Macy's has a good selection...depending on what you are looking for.   I also like Marshall's for the basics....

Honored Contributor

Kohl’s Croft & Barrow brand has lots of classic basic styles in tops, t-shirts, pants, cardigans, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Gabidog   Try LL Bean or Lands End.   They have great chocies and also offer free shipping over a certain amount.  

@LindaSal 

ITA. Love Lands End SuPima cotton t-shirts. Very soft & comfy.

I have on one of the t-shirts now with a pair of jean shorts. 

Regular Contributor

Try JJill! Lovely fabrics and styles and they did one show recently on QVC. If you can locate a store nearby, take a look. They have a website as well. I don't like to order from the website because it takes so much time to receive orders and if you need to return an item, it takes 3 weeks. The clothes are great. 

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog 

There aren't many things that QVC sells that work with my personal style.  

You should try Blair and/or Old Pueblo Traders.  Both have the kind of basics you might like.  Great prices also.  

LandsEnd is also a good source of basics.

JCPenney is another good source.

I do like silky knit tops - but find them for a lot less money elsewhere.  

I like fuzzy sweaters - but I can make them myself.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it would be great if QVC had a good quality special category called "Classic Naturals" featuring only natural fabrics, and we could easily search for them.  

Denim & Co introduced a category called "Naturals," but styles are a bit beachy and athleisure.  Not interested.  

Esteemed Contributor

Try Lands End, LLBean, Eddie Bauer, Costco, Kohl's etc. better value, free shipping on most purchases, easy returns, better quality, real sales, no easy pay nonsense, fast shipping. I haven't bought clothes from QVC in forever. Never liked their stuff.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with alll the things you are requesting and I totally agree witth all the options available other than QVC,   I shop at all those places and find a much better selection and when those vendors have sales or clearance items they are really good mark-downs..