Honored Contributor

Love the lace collars.  Would love to see lace collar dickies.  Hey, weren't there white and ivory collars (accessories) that women wore years ago?  Am I imagining it, or maybe my DS's used/wore them?  I'm visualizing those white collars with lace trim from the (my) past (?) right now..............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

151949:  Yes!  I've stated this several times in the past:  I loved Madras shirts, shorts, (I had a two piece, boy-short swim suit, too.).  I've been wishing and hoping to see true madras tops and shirts.   Oh, I had a peasant style madras top, too.  Love the softness of that cotton, too.  I believe most were made in India, if I recall. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY @151949

I'm dying for a pair of madras bermudas after a client came in in a pair a while back! So cute and retro!

But hard to find and kind of pricey!

Trusted Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

oh, me three!

and i would definitely accessorize with classic penny loafers!

love it.

Heart

And me four! Love the look!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Maybe one of us should start a thread over in 'Suggestions'.  Just a thought, and the fabric, made in India, shouldn't be overly expensive if purchased in large QVC quantities.   I do believe that India would be the best choice, manufacturing wise.  They were experts in manufacturing, (and their dying process), madras many years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm dying for a pair of madras bermudas after a client came in in a pair a while back! So cute and retro!

But hard to find and kind of pricey!

My husband is the king of madras.  He still wears madras pants, blazers, shorts, shirts and even shoes. (thankfully not all together)  Madras garments are pricey but usually well made by better brands (JCrew & RLauren) so if you take care of them, they last. 

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Love the lace collars.  Would love to see lace collar dickies.  Hey, weren't there white and ivory collars (accessories) that women wore years ago?  Am I imagining it, or maybe my DS's used/wore them?  I'm visualizing those white collars with lace trim from the (my) past (?) right now..............

Yes, in fact Laura Ashley sold them in their retail stores back in the day. The jacket photographed in the earlier photos.....I owned it and wore my hair the same way as the model back then. I have always been a very big Ralph Lauren fan. His stores are like museums..

Honored Contributor
@Andreatoo
I like that❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
@magicmoods
Nooo! Step away from the jacket!!! I say keep it!
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11@lulu2@ROMARY@BARBIE100@Andreatoo

ITA! 

Let's be on the lookout for that madras!