Honored Contributor

Re: Class of 2021: Prom Dresses

Well, clearly Natalia Bryant's dress was supposed to look that way...

(I don't really see anything wrong with any of the prom dresses.  I'm not a fan of all of them however.)

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Iwantcoffee There are many dresses that show a little cleavage and that's fine. I don't think it's appropriate for a **teenager** to have half-bare breasts for a dressy occasion.

And not ALL young girls wear those dresses, as I know from what I've seen.

I realize not all teens wear revealing dresses. I do not expect people to dress the same. I do not expect others to dress according to what I like or approve. If teens dress  modest or revealing, I accept them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Parents in some communities are throwing "Prom" parties because some school districts still aren't allowed to have official proms due to covid.

St. Peter's Boys High School prom

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

St. John Vianney High School has their 2021 Prom at the Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune with students dancing to the music played by Partners in Sound Productions.  Friday, May 21, 2021. Neptune, N.J.

St. John Vianney High School has their 2021 Prom at the Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune with students dancing to the music played by Partners in Sound Productions.  Friday, May 21, 2021. Neptune, N.J.

Honored Contributor

The short guy in the middle with the floods and no socks looks ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

likely the iteration of the ankle length pant for men.  A sock would NOT be appropriate.  I dunno.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

New 2017 fashion slim fit solid color ankle length pants ...

This has obviously been a thing for quite some time.  So...the young man in the prom photo would be "fashion forward?"  

2018 Spring New Men's Fashion Casual Slim Bound Feet Ankle ...

I really don't mind this look.  What I don't like to see men in all the time is jeans, joggers and sneakers.  

Super Contributor

My DS went to prom tonight! It was a much more low-key event than usual, and they have to wear masks, but at least they had something. A lot of the kids wore semi-formal attire that they already owned, since the event was planned by the PTA at the last minute after some restrictions were lifted. I'm so happy for them to have this little slice of normalcy! 

DS's date had a modest dress, I'm happy to report! Smiley Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

@PreKteacher I'm sure you're pleased that they were even able to enjoy this occassion in their lives.  It's a milestone, afterall.  No matter the type of attire.