Honored Contributor

What are we wearing these days? It's dinner and dancing. My usual outfits for this time of year are either silky black pants and a cream-colored dressy top, or a black or navy printed dress with higher heeled sandals. Are these still OK or can you recommend something else? TIA! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Your outfits sound perfect.  I wore a Karen Kane silk print scarf top, black silk capris, and black strappy sandles to ours in early September.  Have fun!

Respected Contributor

I always like the idea of pants for myself, but admire women who choose the dress.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.  Have fun.

Respected Contributor

either outfit sounds perfect to me.  have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, both outfits sound appropriate and fun, I would probably lean toward the dress. I have a wall decoration in my closet that I use to guide my what-to-wear decisions:  "When in doubt . . . Overdress!" Woman Very Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I just attended a high school reunion.  Since I am not partiularly young, it was a high school reunion with a relatively high number.  Same scenario as you - dinner and dancing etc. but we had other activities also.  I ultimately went with the choices of outfits that flattered me the most eg. thinner, more stylish etc.  I was happy at all of the events that I had chosen that criteria.  Have fun!  Best part about reunions.  It is great to see all of the nice people you grew up with.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I always seem to be overdressed as we tend to dress like we are going to an afternoon wedding. (dress and suit)  I'm always amazed at the number of people that are dressed casually in jeans and golf shirts.

OP, both your outfits sound lovely and appropriate to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel it hugely depends on the venue.  Is the reunion being held at a country club/nice hotel or will it be held at a much less formal restaurant/bar?  

Since I have simplified my life, I don't think you can go wrong with a LBD--no lace, no sequins, no cleavage showing, just a simple wool crepe LBD.  It is always appropriate!  

Esteemed Contributor

Beach Mom. I just attended my DH's 50th class reunion in Sept.  I was thinking about wearing a nice dress & heels, but I am so glad I did not.  There were 188 total people & only one gal with a very short/low cut neckline dress.  The rest of us all wore dressy pants with a dressy top or a nice dressy jacket & mostly low heels.  I also saw lots of beautiful jewelry.  Have a great time.

Valued Contributor

Each outfit sounds perfect, wear the on that you feel the best in.

I just went to a 40 year class reunion at a small but nice elks lodge.  I wore the recent Susan Graver TSV tunic in bleu with black slim leg ankle pants with black blingy ballet flats.  We had a cocktail hour, buffet dinner and then dancing.

The clothes ran the gamet from jeans, to sequins, I was the guest and felt my out fit was just right.  But truly I saw every type of dress.

Have a good time.