Honored Contributor

To me  it definitely depends on the venue.  Our reunions are generally 2 nights with the first night (Friday) being a very casual get together at a nicer local bar. But it's casual attire.

The second night is more formal with a nice catered dinner.  Generally it's in a reserved part of a restaurant overlooking the water or it's in a hall.  Women are in dresses or dressy pants and tops and guys wear suits.    

Trusted Contributor

I went to my 45th last August.  I was surprised at how the women looked, not dressed up at all, including the men.  I wore a red dress that Lola picked out for me.  I felt overdressed but felt good about the way I looked.  Here's me in the dress I chose.

image.jpg

Valued Contributor

Himi Lover, love the dress you look great!

Honored Contributor

Re: Class Reunion Attire

[ Edited ]

I attended mine recently of which there were several event:

Casual Thursday night get-to-know-one-another-again and preparation for the following day.  

Friday, the following day included a day of activities from breakfast, general assembly to homecoming pep rally, lunch with the teachers and the afternoon homecoming parade, ending with a late afternoon/early evening cook-out and gab session.  This day went from casual to dress for lunch, to casual for the cook-out and parade.  

The next day's events (Saturday) included golfing at the country club early morning, collegiate sports viewing at a local sports pub, several groups to a very nice evening dinner.  

So, from Thursday through Saturday, there were events for all and dress for all.  For the final event, the dinner, most everyone was dressed nicely, either very nice dress pants, cocktail dresses; suits or nice pants and sport coats.  

Not everyone has the same level of fashion sense nor the same level of money with which to buy nor do some have the common sense to dress down rather than up, or dress up rather than down.  So, it works out the same as it was in high school:  we are who we are and dress the way we do because of who we are.

Honored Contributor

I would wear a dress but both of your outfit possibilities are appropriate IMO. 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone and thanks for all of your comments and suggestions! We're back from our weekend, so I thought I'd tell you about the fashion there! I ended up wearing a short back dress (DH wanted me to), black tights and heels. I wore a favorite jacket of mine - old Coldwater Creek in their travel knit with a black background, red, mustard gold, and sage leaves and a gold thread running through it. Most of the women there were wearing skirts or dresses. Some wore dressy pants, and a few wore cocktail attire or something more formal. I felt very comfortable with how I was dressed. 

Here's the embarrassing part: DH went to a small high school. The only time I met any of his classmates was when he attended the reunion 5 years ago - the first one he could attend. They had pictures from that reunion, and guess who was in one of them wearing the SAME jacket??! I told you it was my favorite. I even tried on 3 others before we left and let DH see them. One of his old friends who was there - and whom I'd never met before - teased me about it! At least my black dress was different! Oh well! LOL! Smiley Embarassed Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Class Reunion Attire

[ Edited ]

BTW Himi lover - your dress is absolutely gorgeous! And you looked terrific in it! I would look good in that color too. And it would have been perfect for this one. I'll think about that the next time I can drag DH to one of mine! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

BTW Himi lover - your dress is absolutely gorgeous! And you looked terrific in it! I would look good in that color too. And it would have been perfect for this one. I'll think about that the next time I can drag DH to one of mine! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

Ahh...you're sweet.  Post a pic of yourself.  We want to see your dress!