Esteemed Contributor

Re: Class Reunion Attire Advice Requested

Look cool and classy - don't  'doll' up too much.

Respected Contributor

since you said it was going to be hot, personally i wouldn't even consider pants.  

like someone else mentioned, i would wear a long sleeveless dress, with a little shrug, or lacy short cardi. 

if you get a solid color, you can dress it with some nice jewelry and sandals. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Never mind, not in the mood for it

I don't blame you @Greeneyedlady21 .

Negativity abounds here today.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I assume you meant to say "dressy casual" and not business casual.  If I were going to an event like that, I would wear my indigo blue Linea lace pants with a 3/4 sleeve white knit tunic.  Silver metallic sandas and clutch.  Jewelry, of course.  I think I would have fun with my my jewelry.  I have a big honker of a crystal quartz ring, I'd wear that on my right hand and my big crystal quartz earrings.  I've never worn the pants or the jewelry, it would be fun to let them come out and play.     

Chrystal, I have a dog and that is the reason I did not order those all lace pants.  I thought they were gorgeous but was concerned her nails would really do a job on them.   Other than that I  would have nabbed a pair.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Your post was lovely just like you. You posted a beautiful picture. 

Hugs, 

🦋

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

My high school reunion is coming up. It's in the south and it's going to be hot. I'm only going to the Saturday night dinner (business casual dress) at a nice restaurant. My best friend and I are going together without our husbands. 

I went down to visit my friend about 7 years ago, but the last time I saw anyone else from my small class I was very pregnant! I didn't have to worry about what to wear then, and I had the perfect dress!

Any advice on what to wear? My friend said she is wearing a tea-length dress, but she hasn't decided on a color. I wear a lot of maxi dresses and skirts in the summer, but they tend to be more tropical looking and informal. TIA! Smiley Happy

If the dinner is in August, a tropical maxi is fine. Add some jewelry and makeup to boost the dress from very casual to dressy casual. A clutch or dressy bag with a chain boosts the look too. Forget carrying a shoulder bag. Any maxi will look nice in a restaurant. 

Super Contributor

My vote is for a classic little back dress.  You can't go wromg... or a cute sundress.  My reunion is in Aug. and it is a BBQ!!!!! arghhhhhh lol  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

LBD or pants with a nice top and nice sandals.  Concentrate on your jewelry and earrings--maybe some interesting silver pieces!  

I think a maxi dress would be annoying because you will be sitting and stepping on it, getting it caught in the chair as you get up and down, and isn't a best look for business or dessy most often.

I'd wear something sort of classic and timeless because then you won't be the one people looking at pictures 20 years from now point to and say "OH MY GOODNESS!  WHO is she and WHAT is she wearing?????"

My advice goes for any venue where they are taking photos!  And also, solid colors really make you look better in photos as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

My high school reunion is coming up. It's in the south and it's going to be hot. I'm only going to the Saturday night dinner (business casual dress) at a nice restaurant. My best friend and I are going together without our husbands. 

I went down to visit my friend about 7 years ago, but the last time I saw anyone else from my small class I was very pregnant! I didn't have to worry about what to wear then, and I had the perfect dress!

Any advice on what to wear? My friend said she is wearing a tea-length dress, but she hasn't decided on a color. I wear a lot of maxi dresses and skirts in the summer, but they tend to be more tropical looking and informal. TIA! Smiley Happy

If the dinner is in August, a tropical maxi is fine. Add some jewelry and makeup to boost the dress from very casual to dressy casual. A clutch or dressy bag with a chain boosts the look too. Forget carrying a shoulder bag. Any maxi will look nice in a restaurant. 

@beach-mom unless you don't like the dresses that you have that you mention, I think they would be perfect, as @Mindy D suggests.  You may want a cardi, or shrug or shawl in case you feel you need a cover up, and I think a shoulder bag is fine.  I don't know anyone who wears chiffon dress except for a formal event.  It is not "business casual".  "Business casual" in August could be a polo shirt, at least in NYC.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I went to DHs reunion in San Antonio two years ago (October).

It wasn’t hot.

I wore black pants and a black lace top.

My friend (another wife from previous reunions) had a really great look and I want to share it!

Her signature look was tonal top w/ pants (either black or white) with a shocking pink wrap!

Each night she brought a different, artsy unique small purse!

The small purses were conversation starters, too!

I think your maxi dresses sound great.

Many of the other ladies who attended wore “church” dresses, which I suppose fits the description of “business casual.” 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~