Super Contributor

Re: Class Reunion Attire Advice Requested

I just came back from my high school reunion, also in the south ( I live midwest now). I went to anthropologie and bought a cute maxi dress. I was more than comfortable and dressed. People came wearing everything from way formal to jeans. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Browse JJill website. They have wonderful clothing that are comfortable and pack well. Have fun! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom  Either wear a knee length dress or below the knee or nice pants and a top.  

My suggestion too.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I assume you meant to say "dressy casual" and not business casual.  If I were going to an event like that, I would wear my indigo blue Linea lace pants with a 3/4 sleeve white knit tunic.  Silver metallic sandas and clutch.  Jewelry, of course.  I think I would have fun with my my jewelry.  I have a big honker of a crystal quartz ring, I'd wear that on my right hand and my big crystal quartz earrings.  I've never worn the pants or the jewelry, it would be fun to let them come out and play.     

@chrystaltree   Sounds pretty & a perfect outfit for an event like this!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone wrote:

My advice is wear whatever you are comfortable

in.  You will be happier that way and it will show.

I attended my class reunion 2 years ago.  Like you I only attended the dinner with a classmate.  Was supposed to be busines casual and we had every type of outfit you can imagine.  When you start talking to your friends you don't even notice what they are wearing.  Be comfortable and enjoy.

That is exactly what happened at my class reunion last year.  It was held in a nice hotel ballroom and everyone ignored the attire requested and wore anything from jeans to nice business causal dresses.  So like the above poster just go in what you feel comfortable in because people will ignore it anyway.  Ah well, some things just never change no matter how long you have been out of school. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Good4u @Travone , I agree completely.  Whatever you wear, be comfortable.  

I had the same experience.  Mine was in July and almost everyone dressed holiday casual...shorts, tops, light sweaters.

Have fun!  LM

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

How about a dress like this with some HONKING CP jewelry and strappy sandals?

Kimono Sleeve Wrap Dress

Dress is on clearance at GAP.  I picked this one for your because it has "kimono" sleeves.

I also like patterned shoes if the dress is kind of plain.  These are from Vaneli.

PAIR

Esteemed Contributor

It's one night, so wear what you will be most comfortable in.  If that is a maxi-dress then wear a maxi-dress.

Honored Contributor

I'd wear a LBD.  I don't think I'd wear a sundress to dinner for a class reunion.

Frequent Contributor

Here’s what I would wear: Dressy black pants with my Bob Mackie top with black sandals and a coordinating cross body bag. I would wear out my favorite necklace, earrings and rings that go with the colors in my top. I would have my hair and nails done before the event and wear my favorite makeup. The Bob Mackie top I have is A258140.

long sleeves would be OK because I am always cold in air conditioning. If wearing a lighter top, bring along a pretty light shrug or sweater that coordinates with your outfit.

I hope this helps.