Honored Contributor

Class Reunion Attire Advice Requested

My high school reunion is coming up. It's in the south and it's going to be hot. I'm only going to the Saturday night dinner (business casual dress) at a nice restaurant. My best friend and I are going together without our husbands. 

I went down to visit my friend about 7 years ago, but the last time I saw anyone else from my small class I was very pregnant! I didn't have to worry about what to wear then, and I had the perfect dress!

Any advice on what to wear? My friend said she is wearing a tea-length dress, but she hasn't decided on a color. I wear a lot of maxi dresses and skirts in the summer, but they tend to be more tropical looking and informal. TIA! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Class Reunion Attire Advice Requested

My advice is wear whatever you are comfortable in.  You will be happier that way and it will show.

I attended my class reunion 2 years ago.  Like you I only attended the dinner with a classmate.  Was supposed to be busines casual and we had every type of outfit you can imagine.  When you start talking to your friends you don't even notice what they are wearing.  Be comfortable and enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Why don't  you try googling "business casual women" images?  See if there's something that looks appropriate for you.

Here in NYC ... I'd probably wear black or gray slacks and a print top.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My suggestion would be to wear a sleeveless maxi dress and a light cardigan or shrug.  My last reunion I wore a Linea maxi (black and copper diagonal stripe) and a matching copper shrug.  It was my 40th reunion and I had a great time.  I hope you enjoy your reunion.

Respected Contributor

Go to Nordstrom's website to browse & get ideas.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Either wear a knee length dress or below the knee or nice pants and a top.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never mind, not in the mood for it

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I assume you meant to say "dressy casual" and not business casual.  If I were going to an event like that, I would wear my indigo blue Linea lace pants with a 3/4 sleeve white knit tunic.  Silver metallic sandas and clutch.  Jewelry, of course.  I think I would have fun with my my jewelry.  I have a big honker of a crystal quartz ring, I'd wear that on my right hand and my big crystal quartz earrings.  I've never worn the pants or the jewelry, it would be fun to let them come out and play.     

Honored Contributor

I hope you and your friend have a fun evening.

Respected Contributor

Hum, looks matronly greeneyedlady.