Occasional Contributor

Clarks shoes trouble with the fit?

Am I the only one who has problems with Clark's shoes? I ordered the recent TSV and had to return them because I could not get my foot in them. I do have a high instep, so maybe that is the problem. I ordered the medium width, which I always wear in every other brand of shoe. They were really cute so I was not happy that I had to send them back. Anyway, I ordered another style, (the fisherman shoe) and decided to get the wide. I got the brown, which a beautiful color, but as I suspected they were too wide. My heel just shifts back and forth in them. So I tried the medium width and once again, they are too tight. Is there a "break in" time with Clarks's? I really like the shoes, they are well made. I would like to have a pair of them. Any Clark's enthusiasts out there who can give me a few pointers about these beautiful shoes? What am I doing wrong?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks shoes trouble with the fit?

The "last" has definitely changed for Clarks clogs/shoes. I have many pairs from 7-8 years ago --- and they're so comfortable and the fit is perfect - 7 wide. Around 3 years ago, I ordered from QVC and ClarksUSA.com - and had to return, as the clogs ran long. In the last few weeks, 2 pairs of Clarks clogs ripped apart from the sole to the leather top of the shoe --- total separation. Luckily, I was home and not out. Best to go to a store that sells Clarks - so u can try them on.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't tell you how much I spent on Clark's returns before I completely gave up. Mine were the opposite, with the heel slipping out of them. When I went l/2 size down, they were too tight. I'm a size eight, Medium width, nothing special. I,too, wanted to keep them, but gave up on all their shoes. Way too expensive returns for something not my fault.

Super Contributor

I have given up completely on Clarks because of the inconsistency in sizing.  Will not order them again.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am glad I read this thread.  Thought it was just me.  Thought my foot changed, but I thought." how could it as other shoes in the same size fit."?

My 21.00 mistake was  ordering them from QVC...never again.  10.50 to send, 1050 to return!!  At least with the other online stores the shoes are less, and free ship and return

I ordered my regular size, which used to be my Clark's size.  They were huge!  Just huge!

Respected Contributor

I ordered one pair of Clarks and the fit was all wrong for my foot and it was very uncomfortable. Will not try again. There are too many brands and stores to keep ordering things that do not work

Esteemed Contributor

It is not just you.  DH & I were in Lancaster, PA in Sept. & I was at the outlet store 6 times in 6 days & couldn't find any shoes or boots that were comfy for my nerve damaged feet.  I tried on so many boots as the first week I was at the outlet all boots were 70% off.  I could have gotten Clark's, IM, Marc Fisher & Earthies for under $50 a pair.  All shoes were 50% off the first week & 65% off the 2nd that I was there.  I was disappointed to be walking away with no boots or shoes.  All coats/jackets were 70% off the first week & then 40% off the 2nd week.  I did get lucky with D & Co. which was my favorite brand.  I got 2 pairs of capris, a very nice 3/4 sleeve top & a matching 3/4 crochet type sweater for $36.00 & also a QF matching capri/top set for $22.00.  

You're not alone.  I've been wearing Clarks for years.  I have several pairs - all Size 6.  Last month I ordered two pairs of sandals and couldn't get my feet in!  Pretty sure my feet haven't grown, since all my other shoes still fit.  Sent them back yesterday and am exchanging for a 6.5.  I hope the 6.5 works because I loved both pairs!

Respected Contributor

The only line in the Clark's brand that ever fit me was "Unstructured."  Alas, they changed it so it is more "fashion forward."  Now for me that means less comfort, not as good a fit.

Esteemed Contributor

I always have to go wide width with Clark's shoes.  A medium is too narrow.