Trusted Contributor

ugh lee

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks TSV...

[ Edited ]

I also noticed that a couple of the styles Q is touting today are going for about 1/3-1/2 of the price elsewhere.   Always shop around.

Contributor

Does anyone know what brand the jacket is that model Amy is wearing on Clark's program this morning with Carolyn.

Honored Contributor

These may not be the most attractive shoe but I'm giving them a try.  I need a pair of shoes I can slip on quickly when our 16 year old dog needs to go out.  In the summer it's easy to slip on sandals or clogs.  Now I need something without a tie.  I bought the black so there's no problem with contrasting elastic. (even if there were, my dog doesn't care what I have on my feet as long as I get him out the door ASAP)

Sometimes convenience is more important than style. (did I really say that)

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks TSV...

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 wrote:

These may not be the most attractive shoe but I'm giving them a try.  I need a pair of shoes I can slip on quickly when our 16 year old dog needs to go out.  In the summer it's easy to slip on sandals or clogs.  Now I need something without a tie.  I bought the black so there's no problem with contrasting elastic. (even if there were, my dog doesn't care what I have on my feet as long as I get him out the door ASAP)

Sometimes convenience is more important than style. (did I really say that)

Comfort and convenience are pretty good when it comes to walking the doggies!

Honored Contributor

What is it with Clarks and these elastic bands on shoes ? And not , at the very least, matching the elastic to the color of the shoe? I wonder if this is special for QVC? I haven't seen any of these elastic styles on their website. IMO - awful, ugly shoes.Would be less awful if the elastic matched the color of the shoe.

Honored Contributor

I am 70 so at this point in my life (and bad back and knees) I have to be very practical, UGH!  I love, love shoes.  I can't buy amazing shoes but I love looking at them and always will.

I was hoping QVC would branch out and not cater so much to the retired and people who like 'sensible' shoes, etc.  I'm not talking about 6 inch heels (well maybe now and then), I'm talking about pretty shoes that a younger person or someone still in the work force would wear.

Like I said, I enjoy looking at them and even I get tired of the same old 'sensible' shoes.  If you listen to the callers they are often retired or close to retirement age and their life-style is more like someone who'd wear these (like me).

I guess QVC isn't going to change.  I'd just like to see them change-up a little and at least make their viewing more interesting by offering some less practical shoes and clothes.  No one can buy everything they see (you realize that as you get older) i.e. mind and body and life-style changes.   However, it's fun to see some of these more modern and way less sensible shoes.  Just saying....

Honored Contributor

very unattractive... maybe for when I would clean up the dog yard? 

Honored Contributor

I'm voting with the 30,000+ women who spoke with their money instead of their mouths.

I think it's perfectly fine to pass, but to denigrate something thousands are buying? Makes me wish sometimes I actually knew who was crying ugly and could return the favor!

As it is, I know once more not to quickly accept the opinions I see on the forums when it comes to style.  You obviously know what you like, but that doesn't mean you have the slightest idea what thousands of us are spending money on.

Thank you, QVC, for continuing to work well to appeal to a wdie variety of tastes.

Respected Contributor

Anything to make it cheap!!