Honored Contributor

Re: Clark's TSV, September 17?

@susan kay wrote:

I purchased a similar boot from Clarks last year.  It was the "Whistle" boot, and I bought it in navy.  Could not believe how much I wore that pair last winter.  I didn't get an email yet about this Thursday's TSV, but I will definitely be looking a this pair. 

That's the boot I have--I knew I had a similar pair!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

I remember in elementary school the boys teasing us saying "your mother wears combat boots and drives a pickle wagon."

These are not for me.

haha, combat boots are in this year! 

Trusted Contributor

Well, I liked the way they looked on the models so I got them in the navy. I wanted to get the gray, as they had a bit of a olive tint, but they had just sold out.

Esteemed Contributor

Not my style, but I especially dislike the white contrast stitching.  Being from Boston we have many outlet stores and I have quite a few of their shoes.  However, over time many pairs dry rot and disintegrate.  No more Clarks for me.

Honored Contributor

That boot really isn't my style.  It's too "clunky" to wear as an indoor fashion boot for me.  However, I think I'll check it out.  If it's waterproof, I might reconsider it for winter.  Not as a heavy snow boot but as a general bad weather boot.  

Honored Contributor

I love the brand, but I'll have to pass on these, I just purchased their loaers and a Franco Sarto ankle boot. I need another boot like I need a hole in the head. LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to say, I'm a little surprised by the mostly-positive response to these boots . . .

(I should qualify this by saying that this can be a pretty rough crowd, and these look very typically "Clarks" to me.)

Super Contributor

I always question the quality of these made for QVC shoes.      

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them. They're too unisex-looking for my taste. I like more "girlie," even though l don't wear very high heels.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Normally I am a girly girl when it comes to shoes/boots, but something about these I like. I am considering the Navy to wear with jeans in the winter on the weekends!!!!!