Honored Contributor

Re: Citizen of Humanity's new line of jeans

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I know for a fact that you do not need to spend tons of money to get high-quality, excellent-fitting jeans. I don't care whether someone calls them premium or not -- that's just hype.

And on top of that, let's not continually make such a point about jeans that ARE fairly inexpensive,  when so many people here rely on them. Are they different in any way? Maybe. I don't really know. But not everyone can afford or even want to buy so-called "premium" jeans.

We all buy what we like and what we can afford.

I've never bought $200 jeans, so I wouldn't know. That doesn't mean I have anything against them. My problem is my menopausal body and the shift in fat distribution. Most jeans just don't fit my "new" body very well.  Man Frustrated If I could find jeans with only 1-2% stretch and a good fit for me, I wouldn't care what I spent. As it turns out, the jeans that fit me best are not very expensive. They're not perfect, though. 

I have absolutely nothing against expensive jeans, @ILTH 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I know for a fact that you do not need to spend tons of money to get high-quality, excellent-fitting jeans. I don't care whether someone calls them premium or not -- that's just hype.

And on top of that, let's not continually make such a point about jeans that ARE fairly inexpensive,  when so many people here rely on them. Are they different in any way? Maybe. I don't really know. But not everyone can afford or even want to buy so-called "premium" jeans.

I've never bought $200 jeans, so I wouldn't know. That doesn't mean I have anything against them. My problem is my menopausal body and the shift in fat distribution. Most jeans just don't fit my "new" body very well.  Man Frustrated If I could find jeans with only 1-2% stretch and a good fit for me, I wouldn't care what I spent. As it turns out, the jeans that fit me best are not very expensive. They're not perfect, though. 

I didn't assume you did. I got what you were saying. Smiley Happy

All I was saying is that I never experienced $200+ jeans, so I can't comment on differences. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I didn't assume you did. I got what you were saying. Smiley Happy

All I was saying is that I never experienced $200+ jeans, so I can't comment on differences. 

For reference, @ILTH , I wear J. Crew jeans -- have their skinnys in regular denim, velvet, and corduroy. They tend to retail at about $110 and up. They have jeggings for less, and they have some denim at much more.

But I always buy with good promos and use their loyalty rewards. This brand just works like a dream for my body type and sizing.

I consider them to be "premium" enough for me. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

If you are stick thin woman...go for it.  Even in my youth, I was never that...I am a curvy girl and I have never wore those nor plan to now.  But for those who have the stick shape...have at it.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They just look like jeans to me.

Then it's not just me. Smiley Happy I usually look at the styles posted (because they're mostly just plain, fairly simple ones) and think that they look like jeans I could buy at any number of places. They just don't seem "special" to me in the least.

Respected Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

If you are stick thin woman...go for it.  Even in my youth, I was never that...I am a curvy girl and I have never wore those nor plan to now.  But for those who have the stick shape...have at it.

Interesting phrasing. Thin women have stick figures. You refer to your figure as curvy.  As that a euphemism for the opposite of thin?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Good4u wrote:

I see plenty of big/plus/curvy/fat/whatever-you-want-to-call-yourself women wearing skinny jeans. I think they look fine, except for the ones that look to be 2 or 3 sizes too small -- suffocating and painted on.   They just look so uncomfortable to me. But, that's my problem, not theirs. They don't look any worse or better than thinner women. Some women can rock super-skinnies; some can't. It has nothing to do with size. 

I've said before, I think, for the mostpart, that straight, cigarette and skinnies look much better than fuller, bells, etc. on larger women, on shorter women. 

Valued Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

I see plenty of big/plus/curvy/fat/whatever-you-want-to-call-yourself women wearing skinny jeans. I think they look fine, except for the ones that look to be 2 or 3 sizes too small -- suffocating and painted on.   They just look so uncomfortable to me. But, that's my problem, not theirs. They don't look any worse or better than thinner women. Some women can rock super-skinnies; some can't. It has nothing to do with size. 

I've said before, I think, for the mostpart, that straight, cigarette and skinnies look much better than fuller, bells, etc. on larger women, on shorter women. 

Well, I disagree with you.  You'd never catch me wearing such jeans and those ladies who are not on the thin side look like they try to hard to be something they are not.  Not saying you shouldn't wear comfortable form fitted clothes, but your doing yourself a diservice if you wear clothing not flattering to your body shape.  You need to know how your made to know what works well and look for clothes that flatter your shape.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Good4u wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Well, I disagree with you.  You'd never catch me wearing such jeans and those ladies who are not on the thin side look like they try to hard to be something they are not.  Not saying you shouldn't wear comfortable form fitted clothes, but your doing yourself a diservice if you wear clothing not flattering to your body shape.  You need to know how your made to know what works well and look for clothes that flatter your shape.  

What? --  Equal? Relevant? Current? 

So, are super thin women trying hard to be something they're not when they wear clothes you deem appropriate for big women?

The only article of clothing that lives in isolation is a one-piece bathing suit.  Everything else exists as part of an outfit. Some people pull it together better than others. That's all. 

I'm m not arguing with you about your own comfort zone, but, your idea of what's flattering isn't mine. I can't make a blanket statement that all women of this size and shape have to wear this or that only. 

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Interesting phrasing. Thin women have stick figures. You refer to your figure as curvy.  As that a euphemism for the opposite of thin?

No, it means exactly what it says...I have curves not rolls of fat.  I am an hour glass in shape and I do not look good in stick straight anything jeans or anything else.  Answer your question?