Honored Contributor

Citizen of Humanity's new line of jeans

COH has decided to update a line of jeans.  the line is called Harlow Slim cut. Instead of button fly, (Yay!)  It's back to the zip closure.  They lengthen the inseam to.  30"inseam, 12.5" leg opening.  Rise is 10".  I love the colors. Think of them as relaxed skinnys.

This one is sea Salt

Harlow High Rise Slim in Sea Salt

I love this one: Carmel

Harlow High Rise Slim in Carmel

Ths one is Glory

Harlow High Rise Slim in Glory

And this grey one Cosmic

Harlow High Rise Slim in Cosmic

In black

Harlow High Rise Slim in Descend

Trusted Contributor

Re: Citizen of Humanity's new line of jeans

I have to be honest. Most of the jeans you show look the same to me, within larger groups like skinny/straight, cropped, girlfriend, etc..

Im assuming it's the fit and material that make all of them different?

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

I have to be honest. Most of the jeans you show look the same to me, within larger groups like skinny/straight, cropped, girlfriend, etc..

@ILTH, I agree with you. After a while, you realize that unless you start getting into embellisments, they do look virtually the same. There might be small variations in style (e.g., zipper v. button).

I doubt the material differs a great deal, either. Usually it's a cotton/spandex blend. As for fit, certainly that may vary from brand to brand or even within a brand, just like any other type of apparel.

The colors differ. That's about it to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

Well yes.  The slim fit is really a looser skinny.  A skinny leg is following the lines of the entire leg to a 10" opening.  A slim is following the leg to the knee. then straight downto 12.5 " leg opening.  My Favorite blend. I'm sick and tired of skinnys.  I've worn them for past 15 years (at least) I now wear slim, straight, cigarette, slouchy, baggy and flare,  That is plenty of variety to me. I prefer 99% cotton and the rest stretch.

I should add that premium jeans are not same as what you see on QVC or Old Navy.  Just not the same.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

Well yes.  The slim fit is really a looser skinny.  A skinny leg is following the lines of the entire leg to a 10" opening.  A slim is following the leg to the knee. then straight downto 12.5 " leg opening.  My Favorite blend. I'm sick and tired of skinnys.  I've worn them for past 15 years (at least) I now wear slim, straight, cigarette, slouchy, baggy and flare,  That is plenty of variety to me. I prefer 99% cotton and the rest stretch.

I'm with you. I prefer 1-2% stretch for jeans I wear out. Any more and I find myself hiking them up all day.  For hanging around at home, more stretch is okay for me. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

I'm with you. I prefer 1-2% stretch for jeans I wear out. Any more and I find myself hiking them up all day.  For hanging around at home, more stretch is okay for me. 

All of my jeans are lke that 99% cotton and 1% elastane (a strectch that bounces back)  These jeans are totally different then what you see at Gap, QVC, Old Navy, etc.

Honored Contributor

They just look like jeans to me.

Honored Contributor

I know for a fact that you do not need to spend tons of money to get high-quality, excellent-fitting jeans. I don't care whether someone calls them premium or not -- that's just hype.

And on top of that, let's not continually make such a point about jeans that ARE fairly inexpensive,  when so many people here rely on them. Are they different in any way? Maybe. I don't really know. But not everyone can afford or even want to buy so-called "premium" jeans.

We all buy what we like and what we can afford.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I have jeans from both ends of the spectrum and I truly fail to see and/or feel the difference!

And for clarification I've never spent over $200 because when I purchase the 'premium' they're deeply discounted at The Rack or Off 5th.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I know for a fact that you do not need to spend tons of money to get high-quality, excellent-fitting jeans. I don't care whether someone calls them premium or not -- that's just hype.

And on top of that, let's not continually make such a point about jeans that ARE fairly inexpensive,  when so many people here rely on them. Are they different in any way? Maybe. I don't really know. But not everyone can afford or even want to buy so-called "premium" jeans.

We all buy what we like and what we can afford.

I've never bought $200 jeans, so I wouldn't know. That doesn't mean I have anything against them. My problem is my menopausal body and the shift in fat distribution. Most jeans just don't fit my "new" body very well.  Man Frustrated If I could find jeans with only 1-2% stretch and a good fit for me, I wouldn't care what I spent. As it turns out, the jeans that fit me best are not very expensive. They're not perfect, though.