Honored Contributor

Cindy Crawford And Kaia Gerber In Ralph Lauren

W Magazine

Ralph Lauren staged his fall/winter 2001 runway show in February of that same year—making it over two decades ago. But that didn’t stop Kaia Gerber, who was born six months later in September, from pulling a dress featured in the collection. In New York City last night, Gerber sported a chocolate strapless dress that is, in fact, just as old as she is.

The bulk of the dress was designed in a business-like wool fabric, with a strip of darker leather that mimicked the look of a belt adding some contrast to the top. The original look, worn on the catwalk by model Raica Oliveira, was paired with black riding boots. Gerber turned the piece into more of a maxi gown than its original tube shape, making it the perfect elegant look for the evening event.

Crawford went with a more tailored look, appearing in a crisp white suit set that consisted of ankle-length pants, a silk cowl neck skirt, and a power blazer. The 57-year-old paired the pieces with silver sandal heels, a leather clutch from the American brand, and a diamond tennis necklace.

2fd1378d-d026-4c8b-8d69-c30c6871ca72-getty-1796005764.jpg

"She is gone but she used to be mine"
Honored Contributor

Re: Cindy Crawford And Kaia Gerber In Ralph Lauren

The 2001 dress in the runway show

100033735.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

W Magazine

Ralph Lauren staged his fall/winter 2001 runway show in February of that same year—making it over two decades ago. But that didn’t stop Kaia Gerber, who was born six months later in September, from pulling a dress featured in the collection. In New York City last night, Gerber sported a chocolate strapless dress that is, in fact, just as old as she is.

The bulk of the dress was designed in a business-like wool fabric, with a strip of darker leather that mimicked the look of a belt adding some contrast to the top. The original look, worn on the catwalk by model Raica Oliveira, was paired with black riding boots. Gerber turned the piece into more of a maxi gown than its original tube shape, making it the perfect elegant look for the evening event.

Crawford went with a more tailored look, appearing in a crisp white suit set that consisted of ankle-length pants, a silk cowl neck skirt, and a power blazer. The 57-year-old paired the pieces with silver sandal heels, a leather clutch from the American brand, and a diamond tennis necklace.

2fd1378d-d026-4c8b-8d69-c30c6871ca72-getty-1796005764.jpg

Gorgeous !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Better photo of the dress. If anyone is interested in Googling for the photos the RL Fall Winter 2001 collection was beautiful. 

f3e22105-a53d-4dd9-9459-b02947ed8077-getty-1431770759.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The 2001 dress in the runway show

100033735.jpg

Kaia is a vision. 

Honored Contributor

Kaia is a pretty young lady; not fond of the brown.  I'd like to see her in red, although, I do realize this is R Lauren. 

Trusted Contributor

I love Ralph Lauren. Cindy sure is looking beautiful, I love her head to toe ivory look.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

So interesting to see the Mother and daughter together.

Kaia looks as slim as a reed.

Cindy still very lovely.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

@Flatbush @GingerHead @ECBG @jackiejenny 

What a great dress if one needed "business formal". And only someone with her coloring could look that good wearing brown!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I like the modern version far better than the original from the runway.