Valued Contributor

Christopher and Banks sizing?

I recently discovered the online retailer Christopher and Banks.  I like some things but am hesitant to order because their size chart seems off.  I wear a Large or PXL at J.Jill and the same with Denim & Co.  The C&B website would have me ordering an 18W or 1X.  Do you have any experience with how Christopher & Banks' sizing runs?  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christopher and Banks sizing?

i haven't ever tried C & B, but I can tell you that often a 1X can be used in place of a PXL.

Super Contributor

I have shopped at Christopher and Banks for decades.  Their sizing is accurate and I wear a 14 from Linea and a 14 from Christopher and Banks.  Very good quality and pricing is reasonable. Christopher and Banks stores are very popular in midwest malls.

Respected Contributor

My Q size is SMALL

C&B  size is  MED.

I have shopped at C&B for > 15 years.    Their quality is superb.  Mainly purchase cardigans, outerwear, T-necks and scarves.  Their cotton is super soft.   Do not recommend their PJ's as top is always small / btm. large and long (30").  Their style of jewelry is not my favorite.  Never had luck with slacks/jeans/shorts.

Fortunately I live 12 mi. away from C&B, but always shop on line for convenience, since able to process returns at their store.  Only a few times have I had sizing issues.  Fortunately, they have Petites too.  @Wobin 

Respected Contributor

I purchase from Christopher and Banks frequently.  I am not familiar with J Jill sizing as I have never shopped there.  I have not purchased from Denim and Co in many years.

I wear a size medium in tops from C & B.  I usually wear a medium in other brands also.  I only have one pair of pants from C & B, as their pants do not fit my body type very well.  I wear a size 6 in their pants, and I usually wear a 6 or 8 in other brands.  I guess you could say that for me, they are true to size.

Hope this helps!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Love C & B. Their sizing is similar to Denim & Co or Isaac, at least for me. I wear a M from the Q and from C & B. They do have petites and women's sizes as well as misses.

Honored Contributor

They put up sizing guides not like Q who puts up those stupid measurements that nobody can interpret.

I want to see if a 'large' fits bust of 44 or XL  If it's a tad big I can wash in warm water , then, throw in dryer for a few minutes to get it exact, then, after I shrink it to where it's good , thereafter, I wash in cold.

I got C&Banks in town, so, I usually just visit. If they don't have they will send to your house/free shp.

All rewards members enjoy free shp , period.  Internet.

My fav store.  None of this l oooo nnnn ggg processing time just to get it mailed.

Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal is an expert at C & B too.  Perhaps she will weigh in @Wobin,.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

They put up sizing guides not like Q who puts up those stupid measurements that nobody can interpret.

I want to see if a 'large' fits bust of 44 or XL  If it's a tad big I can wash in warm water , then, throw in dryer for a few minutes to get it exact, then, after I shrink it to where it's good , thereafter, I wash in cold.

I got C&Banks in town, so, I usually just visit. If they don't have they will send to your house/free shp.

All rewards members enjoy free shp , period.  Internet.

My fav store.  None of this l oooo nnnn ggg processing time just to get it mailed.

The C&B size guide doesn't list a bust measurement of 44.  It states XL is up to 43.  This is my dilemma.  Do I purchase an XL, will it be too big or small?  Then more shipping costs to try and correct it.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Tennesseegal is an expert at C & B too.  Perhaps she will weigh in @Wobin,.

@Wobin 

@lolakimono 

I don't know how I missed this thread!  Christopher and Banks misses sizes are small-extra large and they carry women's sizes (I don't know how these sizes run).  To compare to Denim and Co, I would recommend that you stick with your QVC size.  Sometimes, i wear a small in D and Co and sometimes I get a medium but I always get mediums from C and Banks.  Hope that helps you.

If you get a membership card, then you always get free shipping and they run lots of sales.  I've been buying from them for years and I think it's just like anywhere else.  If you take care of your clothes, then they last.