Trusted Contributor

Christopher & Banks Selection Online

I've always purchased from Christopher & Banks online.  I never made it to their stores before they closed them.

What do you think of their selection online this spring & summer?   I'm not too impressed, so many of the clothes seem appropriate for fall and winter.  Such a disappointment as I in the past had received from them so many quality made short sleeve tops at excellent prices.

I did purchase a sweater (for spring and fall weather) that is beautiful.  It has a cream color background with flecks of many colors - very pretty.   Also, got a beautiful necklace at a clearance price of $8.00.   I thought when I was purchasing it that this would be nice to wear as a everyday piece for shopping, errands, etc.  However, when I got it it's just beautiful and probably too nice looking for just everyday wear.    I can wear it as a long strand or double it up.  

So, I guess I've received some nice things still from them, but wish they had a better selection.

Respected Contributor

Re: Christopher & Banks Selection Online

I loved to shop with them and went to our store often.  So sad they all closed. 

There is absolutely nothing I would buy from the current selection.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Their buyer probably can't get or don't want to wait for goods from overseas so they're selling old merchandise.  Many retailers are doing this. 

QVC actively attempts to get new things, although the wait may be longer than usual and this seems to rile some customers.  At least they're not just selling leftovers from past seasons. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

After many, many years of shopping C&B, I'm sad to move on. The last 2 years I've shopped with them online with no issues. Customer Service was excellent...fast and free (with their credit card) shipping, no hassle returns (although I didn't return much), good quality clothing. I have made a few purchases (same sweater as Bunsnoop!) since stores closed and received wrong size and wrong item...and have to pay SH to return. I agree selection is nothing like in the past. I guess it's true...all good things must come to an end😬
Honored Contributor

I was a BIG C&B shopper.  Most of my clothing was purchased from them.

I am disappointed in their new line.  Their pants aren't offered in many colors and they no longer offer elbow length sleeves in tee shirts.  The sales are not that great either.

They were bought out by HQ shopping network.

Honored Contributor

They were bought out by HQ shopping network

@Carmie    That explains a lot.  Maybe they're just liquidating the stock they had on hand. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Carmie @Kachina624 

HQ bought out the inventory or they bought the name?

I'm curious as to how they plan to make a profit off their purchase

Honored Contributor

@Carmie @Kachina624 

I was clearing out the DVR shows when I noticed I have an episode of Christopher and banks fashion that I taped last month! I'll definitely be watching it tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Carmie @Kachina624 

HQ bought out the inventory or they bought the name?

I'm curious as to how they plan to make a profit off their purchase

I see that they sell C&B on HQ TV and they also sell HQ C&B clothing on the C&B website.  I thought I read somewhere that HQ acquired C&B.  It sure looks like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't browsed the site a whole lot but I have seen a couple of 3/4 or long sleeve tops I like but am wanting short sleeves now for summer and didn't see anything that I really cared for in what little browsing I have done.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown