Respected Contributor

I have always been a fan of Christmas sweaters/sweatshirts.

Many years ago, QVC featured beautiful examples that I could never resist.

Just for fun, I checked out what's available now: mostly GARBAGE.

Aren't things bad enough?

Trusted Contributor

WOW of all the things to be upset about Christmas sweaters?  Really?

For the heck of it, I took a look, not a perfect selection, then I looked at other retailers some had none, and some had very similar sweaters. At this point selections are limited.

No biggie.

Esteemed Contributor

Bob Mackie used to have pretty sweaters for the Holidays.....

I have a red sequin one that I have worn and still love!

Honored Contributor

A perfectly valid point. I guess that's why we shouldn't rush to toss out items we like. No doubt there will be less holiday partying this year, so the focus will be on "at home" wear. Did you catch those tight leggings as the TSV? I wouldn't wear those in public unless I had a coat going to my ankles!

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it a little early to be concerned about buying Christmas sweaters?  I assume there will be a big selection to choose from by November.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

All of my happiest holiday activities are already cancelled so I don't need much of anything new.

BAH HUMBUG!

Honored Contributor

I used to have a huge collection of these!  I guess they are called for the most part now "ugly Christmas sweaters" and I know people have been having parties where they wear these for a number of years!  I used to have so many that I would wear a different one every day for like a month before Christmas!  I got rid of all but a couple.  I still think they are fun and whimsical.  Perhaps, they will still come out with some in October or so.  Look on line and you will probably find some! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo   The Q has been talking about Christmas since -- the summer?  And now there are Christmas trees on practically every set!  

Honored Contributor

I have 2 old QVC Christmas cardigans & to tell you the truth, I will not wear them in public today.   They are too gaudy & heavy.   I don't think Christmas apparel is as popular as they once were.   I personally prefer to wear a Christmas accessory, like maybe jewelry or scarves.

@insomniac2 wrote:

I have always been a fan of Christmas sweaters/sweatshirts.

Many years ago, QVC featured beautiful examples that I could never resist.

Just for fun, I checked out what's available now: mostly GARBAGE.

Aren't things bad enough?

Valued Contributor

I have a few Christmas sweaters. A couple are by Michael Simon. Love his. I have one that I make sure I wear every year at least once--It has nutcrackers on it. I collect the German nutcrackers and have a shelf that a good portion of them set on during the holidays. The sweaters can put a smile on someone's face--even if it is just mine.