Occasional Contributor

So here we are in June after a long cold winter where everybody is finally free of the winter doldrums and the last thing I want to see is anything Christmas! By the time Christmas actually comes after being inundated with

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas for 5 months, you can't wait for the holiday to be over! People do not want to see this all summer long, we want to enjoy each season as it comes not 5 months before, stop shoving Christmas down my throat!

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in July, ugh!

[ Edited ]

It does seem 'out of place and time'.

But, it's probably something that customers look forward to watching.

Also, I do love those beautiful ceramic Christmas trees that David V. offered.  24 inches tall, if I correctly recall.

Beautiful colors.  Pastels, too.  Beautiful pastels for bedrooms, too.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@Joy312 wrote:

So here we are in June after a long cold winter where everybody is finally free of the winter doldrums and the last thing I want to see is anything Christmas! By the time Christmas actually comes after being inundated with

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas for 5 months, you can't wait for the holiday to be over! People do not want to see this all summer long, we want to enjoy each season as it comes not 5 months before, stop shoving Christmas down my throat!

I couldn't agree more! Last thing I want to see in July!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Some dislike it but as a new member/first post (wink wink) you might want to know that there are a great majority of people who wait for this.

Trusted Contributor

I hate summer -- the heat, humidity, bugs -- all of it. That said, Christmas in July sucks. I'm not interested in seeing Christmas stuff in July. Wait till October.

Contributor

Agreed. And why is "Christmas in July" happening in June?!?! Can we not even wait until July to talk about Christmas anymore?

Valued Contributor

With just going through over a year with Covid you would think they could wait a few more months at least. I won't be watching or buying the same things they show year after year. I want to wind down and breathe again. 

Respected Contributor

Please remember that QVC is a SHOPPING channel and QVC gives air time and screen time to the items that SELL.

I already ordered five advance food items from CIJ today, because I know from experience they will sell out way before the holiday season. (DH loves the advent calendar wines.) Now I can just sit back and wait until November when I will be charged for them, and they will ship. There is nothing easier!

I also saw David sell thousands and thousands of the Mr. Christmas ornament sets for a very reduced price.

The few Bah Humbug folks are obviously not generating dollars nor sales, but those of us who are enthusiastic and smart shoppers, whether it be CIJ or anything else, are the focus of the programming. 

And Winter doldrums are just a state of mind--I prefer to celebrate and enjoy ALL the times of the year, whether cold, hot, warm or cool.

Season's Greetings!!

Respected Contributor

The Christmas shows are the only thing I watch on Q....for me CIJ is a nice break from the summer heat & a great opportunity to find bargain priced gifts-decor. 

Honored Contributor

@Joy312 - Welcome to the forums!

Retail traditionally starts Christmas as soon as July 4 is over.

Growing up I was always aware of Christmas in July. On the 25th my mom would talk about Christmas coming. She usually made special cookies.  Smiley Happy