Super Contributor

Re: Christmas in July repulsive.

I think the main point here is that, like any other T.V. program, just keep switching channels until you find something you want to watch........USE THE REMOTE !!!!!!! I do, and unfortunately, that just means I'm watching QVC less and less because of the poor programming.........too bad, really !!!!

Regular Contributor

A shopping channel takes all the meaning and joy out of Christmas for you? Well, bless your little heart. I am sorry you world is so small and limited that the TV has such a major impact on your life.

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 mominohio said:

I do understand people who don't like holiday or seasonal shopping way out ahead of the actual time. They are more about living in the moment, and enjoying an event in it's time place.

I also understand people who don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas, and that speaks for itself.

I also understand people having high standards for the quality of merchandise being offered, and Q is really slipping there.

But if the meaning and joy is taken out of anything for you because of a retail decision/timing on a television channel that you never even have to turn on, you don't have a real sense of the true meaning of the event anyway.

Your entire joy (or lack of it) of anything being tied so closely to the programming or the choices on QVC is rather sad.

Perfectly said!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Frequent Contributor

So sick of these shows so early. QVC knows exactly what it is doing on these shows and I just don't like it. I use to keep QVC in the background while I do stuff around the house but honestly I can not even listen to it anymore. Less and less spent at the Q means more for me and for other companies.

Honored Contributor

The only Christmas I watch is Valorie, and I don't want any of it until it gets into late fall.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 mominohio said:

I do understand people who don't like holiday or seasonal shopping way out ahead of the actual time. They are more about living in the moment, and enjoying an event in it's time place.

I also understand people who don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas, and that speaks for itself.

I also understand people having high standards for the quality of merchandise being offered, and Q is really slipping there.

But if the meaning and joy is taken out of anything for you because of a retail decision/timing on a television channel that you never even have to turn on, you don't have a real sense of the true meaning of the event anyway.

Your entire joy (or lack of it) of anything being tied so closely to the programming or the choices on QVC is rather sad.

very well said....

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 SouthernPines said: You lost your remote?

either that or never received one with her t.v.......hahaha....

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 brewhaha said:

I agree with the OP. It's all about the profits.

and why else would they be in business were not for profits....your post makes no sense...go back to your usual funny posts...which I really enjoy....:0)

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the holiday programming. It's pretty simple not to.

I think repulsive is an odd choice of words to use.

Respected Contributor

I'm not understanding what it is that you are upset about???? I don't purchase anything from the "holiday" shows because the merchandise is just CRA*!!! It's all cheap, junk that you could go & purchase from Michaels!

BTW, Christmas means something different to everyone and we all celebrate differently....I am not the least bit religious and take complete joy in celebrating this holiday. I love the music, decorations (not tacky one's), buying gifts and being w/ family/friends.