Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July repulsive.

Repulsive? Really?? I do not enjoy the excessive Christmas shows but I would never say they were repulsive. They are unwelcome and of no interest to me but you know what I can do? Turn the channel.

Super Contributor

I think repulsive is a strong word but it reflects the OP's frustration with the programming.

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 mominohio said:

I do understand people who don't like holiday or seasonal shopping way out ahead of the actual time. They are more about living in the moment, and enjoying an event in it's time place.

I also understand people who don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas, and that speaks for itself.

I also understand people having high standards for the quality of merchandise being offered, and Q is really slipping there.

But if the meaning and joy is taken out of anything for you because of a retail decision/timing on a television channel that you never even have to turn on, you don't have a real sense of the true meaning of the event anyway.

Your entire joy (or lack of it) of anything being tied so closely to the programming or the choices on QVC is rather sad.

Beautifully said...I totally agree.

Maria

Honored Contributor

Repulsive? A bit strong. I just don't watch the shows. Obviously they are successful, as are computers, mattresses, and everything else that is boring, boring, boring. I remember the early days when I used to mark the program guide with a yellow or pink highlighter. I would actually schedule appointments around some of the big jewelry days. Thank goodness the novelty wore off a long time ago. But I still buy quite a bit, its just too convenient for me living where I do in the boondocks.

Super Contributor

I can't stand to see Christmas in July on my TV

even before Labor Day. I wonder do people

really decorate this early or just hoard

these items until the day after Thanksgiving?

When I told my husband that the week

after Christmas they start selling garden

flowers for next spring he didn't believe me.

The only reason Q sells this is to sell

candles that you have buy batteries

for and toys for kids.

Honored Contributor

They'll be more. The next all day one is Saturday, September 20, 2014. They want to catch everyone at home. Christmas is irrelevant to me, being a non Christian. But apparently the commercial aspect almost overwhelms the religious element.

Esteemed Contributor

The last thing on my mind on this 90 degree day is QVC all day holiday decoration. They must make a lot of money from these early shows or they wouldn't do them. I won't be watching this far out from Christmas, its ridiculous to me.

Honored Contributor

I celebrate Christmas as the "sacred holiday" that it is. That doesn't preclude my shopping early to spread out my holiday gift-giving purchases. Not "repulsive" at all, to me.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 mominohio said:

I do understand people who don't like holiday or seasonal shopping way out ahead of the actual time. They are more about living in the moment, and enjoying an event in it's time place.

I also understand people who don't believe in the commercialization of Christmas, and that speaks for itself.

I also understand people having high standards for the quality of merchandise being offered, and Q is really slipping there.

But if the meaning and joy is taken out of anything for you because of a retail decision/timing on a television channel that you never even have to turn on, you don't have a real sense of the true meaning of the event anyway.

Your entire joy (or lack of it) of anything being tied so closely to the programming or the choices on QVC is rather sad.

PERFECTLY said.

Respected Contributor

ITA!!!!