Respected Contributor

Re: Christian Siriano Collection At J Jill!

ho hum

Will he next start selling on QVC?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Contributor

I just saw some of his pieces on Tamron Hall. I like them and think they're perfect for the JJill clientel.
He's delightful.
Honored Contributor

I wonder if it's like the random CS pieces I've seen in Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I fell in love with a sweater coat, I didn't buy it because it was a shawl collar and I didn't like how that looked when I tried it on.

Other than that the quality was so nice. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

This handbag is $895, $795 for the crossbody

199251_FHF.jpeg

199241_780.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Believe it or not after he won PR he was on HSN for a brief period because I brought a lovely blouse from his line.  It was a limited but affordable collection.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I was not a fan of his, personally, on his season of Project Runway.  However, I've always respected his designing skills but this J Jill collection does NOTHING for me.  He can do sooooo much better than this.

@shoptilyadropagain It doesn't have the "spark" of his other designs at all.  I think J Jill's "basic style" philosophy probably held him back.

@ECBG ....I'm not familiar with the over look of J. Jill as there aren't any close to me.  I think I've been in the store once in my life.  However, that would certainly explain this lackluster look of Christian's line at J.Jill.

@shoptilyadropagain If you look at their online shop, their line is very basic in most cases, as in the Eileen Fisher line.  They will do some prints and some texture in their sweaters. I do like their button down linen shirts and find more colors offered there where Eileen Fisher has narrow color choices.  Quite often Eileen Fisher color comes out through a few cartigans, coats, and often scarves.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I was not a fan of his, personally, on his season of Project Runway.  However, I've always respected his designing skills but this J Jill collection does NOTHING for me.  He can do sooooo much better than this.

@shoptilyadropagain It doesn't have the "spark" of his other designs at all.  I think J Jill's "basic style" philosophy probably held him back.

@ECBG ....I'm not familiar with the over look of J. Jill as there aren't any close to me.  I think I've been in the store once in my life.  However, that would certainly explain this lackluster look of Christian's line at J.Jill.

@shoptilyadropagain If you look at their online shop, their line is very basic in most cases, as in the Eileen Fisher line.  They will do some prints and some texture in their sweaters. I do like their button down linen shirts and find more colors offered there where Eileen Fisher has narrow color choices.  Quite often Eileen Fisher color comes out through a few cartigans, coats, and often scarves.

@ECBG   I've never even thought to look at them online.  I'll have to check them out.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I don’t mind black & white, but this print is a bit too big for me. I already have several spectator pieces anyway. The teal dress is ok, but it’s not anything I want. There’s nothing here that would bring me into the store. I’ve only been in JJill a couple of times, and I didn’t find anything that really interested me so I don’t shop there.