Honored Contributor

For the past two years I have been searching for chino skirts that used to be fairly common.  The ones that I have seen had the comfort waistband or were too long, or they were really a knit, like the DreamJeannes fabric.

I finally found a skirt, which could only be more perfect if it were in PETITES.

Although it hurt to do this, I admit that I paid FULL PRICE and I had to pay shipping.  It will be worth it if they fit, though, because the spring/summer months with questionable air conditioning at work make for a long school day.  I especially love that I have my school colors.  Two days a week we have spirit days, so I also wanted something with belt loops for the T-shirt days or to bring in a pop of a different color.  

There are matching jackets too, but the sizes are selling quickly.  In the jacket there is a khaki option that does not seem to be available in the skirt.

Pendleton-

Honored Contributor

I don't wear dresses/skirts but the tip on the first picture is something I would like.  I'll have to check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it. Skirts are nice in the warmer months. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Chino Twill Skirt

[ Edited ]

Surprised that this type of item isn't easily found any longer.  These skirts were quite popular at my school.

Enjoy.  The fabric should look better than a lot of other brands after it's laundered.  I think it will be one of your favs.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love them.  I had a pair of black Chino pants from Chico's from a few years ago that I sent to the cleaners because they looked so good and held up longer.  I don't know why I did it but I gave them to my housekeeper a couple years ago.

I do have a pair of beige Chino pants (SIMILAR TO JEANS) that I love and recently wore with brown boots and a similarly colored cashmere sweater.  Looks so good and so tied into the clothes we grew up with and loved.

Respected Contributor

You can also check Talbot's and LLBean.  They usually both carry that style of skirt.  I like them for the summer months also.  Good Luck

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear skirts, but this is a nice look.

Frequent Contributor

Ohhhh @lolakimono, I'm loving this skirt! Throwback for sure, I have always (and still do) like this style. I will be checking this out. The length would be perfect on me!! Thanks for sharing!Heart

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I like your skirts. Boden has these in petite, regular, and tall. 95% cotton, 5% elastane. Helena chino skirt, $65. Lots of colors and this print

18wxms_t0319_lrd.jpg18wxms_t0319_mbl_d06.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono I like your skirts. Boden has these in petite, regular, and tall. 95% cotton, 5% elastane. Helena chino skirt, $65. Lots of colors and this print

18wxms_t0319_lrd.jpg18wxms_t0319_mbl_d06.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21  So far I have been pleased with everything I have gotten from J Boden and for my grandchildren, mini Boden.  The girls really like Boden clothes.