Honored Contributor

Re: Chicos closing 250 locations

i do like chicos......have a stand alone store close by AND an outlet store close by when i am at the beaches.

i generally prefer ordering online because i can find coupon codes more easily plus i get free shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I rarely go to the store. Not conveniently located. Order on line most of the time. Love their clothes and jewelry.
Trusted Contributor

I used to shop only in Chico's.  I remember seeing the store for the first time in Key West in 1992.  They used to have the most beautiful jackets and raw silk type tops.  I still love Traveler's.

Several years ago, their line began to change.  The first time I went there and walked out without a shopping bag, I actually was sad.

After our Chico's closed in the mall, that was it.  There is a small store a few miles away, but I very rarely go.

One thing I did not like was that there would be different prices online versus the store and the store would not honor it.  I'm assuming that has since changed.

Esteemed Contributor

There aren't any Chicos stores in western Canada, there are 4 in the province of Ontario, Canada in the greater Toronto area. It's no loss to me if they close their stores in Canada as I have never visited that store chain in Canada and it's been a few years since I was in a Chicos in the U.S.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've shopped there.  No idea if our mall has one.  It's sad though another retailer is going under.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, I agree.  i always used to look forward to shopping there but I haven’t gotten anything the last 1-2 years.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I am not surprised.  I never shop there.  Sadly, I wonder how Talbots is doing.  Ever-constant sales.  As much as I have gotten some great deals, it doesn’t bode well.  I have gotten some great deals (and my DD as well), but I already have too many clothes and am stopping.  Coldwater Creek, where I used to love to shop, closed all their stores years ago.  Just catalog sales now.

Honored Contributor

Their sizing always bugged me. What's wrong with s,m,l,etc? 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I could never figure out their sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised. They got a bit pricy. Even with coupons many times it wouldn’t be a great deal. They took what was a $69 shirt raised the price to $89-99 and then gave a 30% coupon. No deal there. Their clothes are ok but the prints can be a bit loud. I still like Soma for underwire. White House Black Market I was only in once and wasn’t impressed. Everything was either black or white. No color.