Respected Contributor

Chicos closing 250 locations

I could not link the article but I just read on yahoo finance that Chicos will be closing 250 stores over the next 3 years. It will be persuing partnerships with shoprunner, amazon and QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicos closing 250 locations

https://www.retaildive.com/news/chicos-to-close-250-stores-over-3-years/545864/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi:  I love Chicos but rarely go into their stores.  I shop online (either 55% off or a good sale). I also buy a lot of their denim jackets on Ebay.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, Chico’s is one of my go-to stores.  I hope the chain stays in business.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear that. I have purchased some really nice outfits from them. I will, admit, that their sizing chart totally screws up my mind! Nowhere else would I fit into a size ZERO! LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

It's sad to hear another retail store is closing/downsizing.  What fun it used to be to go shopping and having lunch with friends.  With so many stores closing, instead of going out to shop we will soon be forced to stay home and only shop on line alone.

Honored Contributor

Chico’s was one of my favorite stores in the past when they had a shop in my town. They closed that one and moved into a mall in a nearby city 

that store never has my size in stock so I may as well just shop off the website.  Something I’d rather not do....I like to see the clothing in person and try it on before I buy. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I am sorry to hear that. I have purchased some really nice outfits from them. I will, admit, that their sizing chart totally screws up my mind! Nowhere else would I fit into a size ZERO! LOL!!!

That’s the size I usually end up needing too, but remember, that’s like a 4 in any other store.  

Even knowing that that I usually would need a 0 in Chico’s sizing...sometimes I need a .5.  Their sizing is just weird, which is why I prefer to try their clothing on in person. 

Honored Contributor

I like some things at Chicos, but their designs got over the top in some items.
I worked for them several months. If you weren't willing to manage, you wouldn't get any hours. The manager constantly trained associates.
Honored Contributor

I liked Chicos many years ago but it seems like they have gotten off track.  The last thing I bought from them was some jewelry on sale.  They have great bracelets.   I wonder if they will go out of our mall.