Honored Contributor

Re: Chicos closing 250 locations

There is a Chicos at the Shoppes at Eastchester, I have shopped there only a few times, I found the sales people pushy, the clothing pricey and the styles "too mature" for my lifestyle.

The only Chicos item I have is a watch that was on Oprah's original list, I bought it Mom liked it so I gave it to her and when she passed away I found it and its now sitting in my jewelery box

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Not surprised. They got a bit pricy. Even with coupons many times it wouldn’t be a great deal. They took what was a $69 shirt raised the price to $89-99 and then gave a 30% coupon. No deal there. Their clothes are ok but the prints can be a bit loud. I still like Soma for underwire. White House Black Market I was only in once and wasn’t impressed. Everything was either black or white. No color. 

That's why its name includes the words black and white. Smiley Happy

However, the one near me every once in a while has a pop of red in the window, usually a cami.

Esteemed Contributor

They used to so nice, but they lost their way.  I have not bothered to look the few years.  

Respected Contributor

I stopped buying at Chico’s a couple of years ago. I realized that, while I like the concept of their designs, many of them just aren’t very flattering on me. 

Honored Contributor

A frind of mine is a store manager for Chico's.  She doesn't have access to an exact list of store that are closing.  She did say they'll probably close under-performing stores and stores that are too close to one another.

I know there are 3 Chico's stores within 10 miles of each other.  I love their denim pants.  They fit me perfectly.

Anyway, I think the whole coupon thing got really out of control.  One day something is on sale, the next it's not.  People learn not to buy and will wait for a 40% off sale.

Another thing that counts against them are returns.  If someone bought something online and returned it to the store, it counted against the store.  They have since changed that policy.  But if I buy something at one Chico's store and return it to another Chico's store, it counts against the store I made the return to.  

There are several problem they're having.  

Inconsistent sizing and lack of quality is another issue altogether.

Honored Contributor

We have a Chico’s in our local mall. I purchased a pair of pants and a few tops in there a long time ago, but I don’t own those pieces anymore. I still own a solid sweater from them. Their prices are high IMO, and the sizing is strange, although I figured out my size with help from the sales. associate  I haven’t been in my local store for a few years. 

Honored Contributor

WOW!  I never shopped at Chicos but a lot of women liked their styles.  I am more partial to some of JJill's pieces and especially because they have such great sales.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Never purchased anything from Chicos. Sorry, but trying to figure out their sizes was a waste of my time.  Plus, I didn't really see anything that interested me. We have a Chicos at our outlets in the town next to me. Been once, once was enough.

Valued Contributor

I was a Chicos shopper from the time they opened their first store. I wore nothing but Chicos. However,for the past many years the styles have changed and I haven't bought a thing in many, many years. They were once wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I buy a couple of things a year from Chicos online; I don't even go into the stores anymore.  At one time, Chicos was one of my go-to stores.  That was back when I shopped at malls.  There was a time when the Chicos "look" was unique and different but that was a long time ago.