Valued Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 1/25/2015 sarah2010 said:

Does anyone have a Chico's promo code for $20 off $80 or $25 off $75? Thanks.

Remember the $25 off $50. So few and far between now and so are my purchases.

I think those are a carrot on a string if you haven't shopped there in a while.

Valued Contributor

I have a return to go back sitting right here. Annaliese watch, cute but too small for my wrist. I will print a Priority Mail label and send it back myself. It's cheaper than what they charge for a return and I think faster. I don't have a store real close by and I don't like to do returns at the store either...they always have difficulty putting the transaction in the computer and it take a long time for usually two or three people to figure it out.

Valued Contributor

No offense, but why on earth would anyone be intimidated by some salesperson who probably makes $12 an hour? The returns are not coming out of their paychecks for heavens sake!

If this happened to me, I'd let them know that, and I would also go on their FB page and let the world know. Companies hate public complaints!

Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Zita said:

No offense, but why on earth would anyone be intimidated by some salesperson who probably makes $12 an hour? The returns are not coming out of their paychecks for heavens sake!

If this happened to me, I'd let them know that, and I would also go on their FB page and let the world know. Companies hate public complaints!

Your assumptions are wrong. Try $8.50 to $9/hr. Also, the returns may take money out of the sales person's paycheck. The returns count against the store and count against the sales person's overall numbers. A return could mean the difference of a commission vs no commission on a sale. You shouldn't be intimidated by a return, but if you order off the internet, why don't you just send the items back by mail.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my..

I thought it was just my Chico's in Las Vegas that the sales people are so rude. I also found that the Chico's in Claremont Calif. were just as rude. I now avoid shopping at any Chico's. I just use their mail order now. In my opinion the best thing about Chico's is their catalog.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

The reason people who purchase on the Internet make returns to the store is because it's easy, it's free, and Chico's allows it.

If you print out a return label online and mail back your item, Chico's will deduct $7 from the refund. Or, you can send the item using your own label and pay for postage. Why should I do that?

If Chico's is charging stores for returns (when the items were ordered online), that sounds like an internal policy that is not fair to the stores. But it's not the customer's problem to solve.

I prefer online stores that also have bricks and mortars stores where I can make returns and not have to pay for return shipping. Many people feel the same way.

FYI, I made a return to a Chico's store last week, and they were gracious and helpful. That's the way it should be IMO. And it makes it more likely that I will be a repeat customer.

Esteemed Contributor
I dealt with a very nice sales lady at a Chico's outlet store but every time I have set foodt in a regular Chico's I have found the sales people to be very snooty and unhelpful. it's like they are totally uninterested in helping you or selling anything. really there is nothing available in a Chico's store for them to be so snobby about.
Trusted Contributor
Does anyone remember the days when Chicos didn't have mirrors in the dressing rooms and you had to go out into the sales floor to see what you looked like so that the sales people could try to pressure you into buying something.
Honored Contributor
On 11/22/2014 kate2357 said:
On 11/22/2014 2zbeach said: Yes,you can return to a store. I hate the disdainful looks I get when I return something and I am not a frequent returner! My Chico's have the b******* women working there. I shop online to avoid them!
I thought it was just my store with the snooty sales staff. And I really do hate their stupid sizing method. online for me and returns at store if need be. And ITA...just process the return.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}I thought it was just MY store (NC)!!!!!!! We really need to email Chicos and tell them the store when this happens!

I'd mark it for Customer Relations!

<table style="font-size: 12px; color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left;" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right" valign="top">Mailing Address:</td> <td> </td> <td>Chico's
11215 Metro Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33966
United States</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right">Phone:</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Esteemed Contributor
realizing that every store chain has their own policy and that Chico's policy maybe different from Talbot's policy let me tell you what I was told at my local Talbot's when I asked about how returning catalog items affected them. The manager at the closest Talbot's store told me that catalog returns are NOT deducted from a store's sales figures. However a return of merchandise purchased at another store is counted against the store handling the return. I asked because the store near me has a very, very small woman's dept and does not carry the woman's petite clothing at all. I place 90% of my orders on line and I do get free shipping. However, I take all my returns into my local store so I don't have to pay return shipping or wait for credit on my Talbot's charge.