Respected Contributor
On 1/27/2015 KathyPet said: realizing that every store chain has their own policy and that Chico's policy maybe different from Talbot's policy let me tell you what I was told at my local Talbot's when I asked about how returning catalog items affected them. The manager at the closest Talbot's store told me that catalog returns are NOT deducted from a store's sales figures. However a return of merchandise purchased at another store is counted against the store handling the return. I asked because the store near me has a very, very small woman's dept and does not carry the woman's petite clothing at all. I place 90% of my orders on line and I do get free shipping. However, I take all my returns into my local store so I don't have to pay return shipping or wait for credit on my Talbot's charge.

Thanks for posting this information. I'm always interested in knowing how retail works and the policies of different stores.

I do a lot of business with Talbot's, and IMO they have terrific customer service. I do some buying in the store and also online (some items are online only). They are always nice if I need to make a return of an online purchase.

I use the click through on the website to see if an item I like is in the store. I want to give the store business if I can - so they will stay open! But I'll still have online orders.

Esteemed Contributor
I would do a lot more shopping at the Talbot's store closest to me if they carried the Woman's Petite sizes but they do not. When I drive the hour or so to get to the closest large regional mall I always shop the Talbot's store there which is much larger and carries a full range of clothing sizes.
New Contributor
On 1/26/2015 CaChica said:
On 1/25/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 1/25/2015 sarah2010 said:

Does anyone have a Chico's promo code for $20 off $80 or $25 off $75? Thanks.

Remember the $25 off $50. So few and far between now and so are my purchases.

I think those are a carrot on a string if you haven't shopped there in a while.

The $25 off $50 offer codes are 14-digit codes now that can't be used more than once. I wish Chico's would treat all its customers the same way. I am a regular customer and I get the $25 off $125 coupon every month.