Esteemed Contributor

While going through my closet, I realized I have so many lovely classic traveler pieces from Chico's that I haven't worn in a while.  Do you still wear yours?  Should I just donate them?  It's a hard decision.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chico's Traveler Collection

I don't have any of those pieces, but when I am on the fence about getting rid of clothing I have a few things I do to help me make the decision:

1. Make outfits with the item and look in the mirror to see if I still like the look, and if it flatters my shape.

2. Wear the item to work and see how I feel in it. Usually, I remember quickly why I am not wearing it. For example, it may not be laying correctly, or I am constantly fidgeting with it, or it is uncomfortable.

3. I also ask myself if I would buy the item if I saw it in a store today. This one really helps when I am "stuck".

Hope this helps. 

Contributor

I wear mine in place of palazzo or wide leg pants.  I have all these long flowing jackets and kimono type jackets that pair perfectly over these Traveler pants.  I also wear them as comfy but elegant  lounge wear.  I have black and navy pants. I love the Travelers new slim leg pants.  Last winter they had wonderful washable velvet slim leg pants! Try breaking up your pieces and try some new fab outfits!

Respected Contributor

i remember owning the jjill traveler collection.  i only wore them for the most part when traveling, but they were great.  i wore them on the airplane, and i wore them on a cruise.  i got a lot of wear out of them.

i think if you thought aboout it, you could get a lot of use out of yours, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I gave all mine away. I bought them only for travel but found they got too stretchy as the day wore on. I had to fold the pants over, like yoga pants, so I wouldn't trip. The tops were almost always too long on me. I gave my last piece away a few months ago. However, just a couple of weeks ago at a luncheon, a woman at my table was wearing a wrap top made of that Travelers' material over a matching skirt and she looked great.

Honored Contributor

I do wear some of them, but never as a whole outfit the way I did when I bought them..

Trusted Contributor

I really like reading some of these threads as I get to learn some tips that I can use.  Wilma, I think that you list some good ideas when making decisions on clothes.  I will definitely use them.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

See what you have that you might wear them with. You might find some new outfits. But, if you don't feel like you will wear them, donate - or take to consignment. 

I have several pieces from Chico's. I am not sure if they are all Travelers or not. I like them & wear them.

A few pieces are getting too big & I plan to take them to the consignment shop I use. I've lost a lot of weight & the consignment shop sales have helped me replace my wardrobe a few times.

Respected Contributor

When they first came out, I bought so many Traveler pieces that I actually created an Excel spreadsheet to note the item ( tank, long sleeve, jacket, skirt, slacks, etc) and the colors.  Back then, there were so many different colors and names!!!   Didn't want to buy 2 of an item by mistake!

Since then, I have retired from training projects and passed on most of the sets to working women.  The pieces I have kept are summer cream, raspberry, navy, hunter green and black.  I keep them for dress up as they pair beautifully with kimono tops and tunics---all very forgiving as the body has changed with age.  Love modern "camouflage "!!

i use flocked hangers and definitely fold the slacks in half so they don't grow longer.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill